Delta Heavy - Empire EP?

Shite. Sounds like some Nero/Skrillex bollocks

Worse. At least Nero & Skrillex were the pioneers of their brand of shit. This is just a dick sucking copy of that sound...

Ram's probably released over 99% Drum & Bass, only been around 20 years.

Delta Heavy were doing and playing such stuff when Nero still did dnb and Skrillex wasn't even doing any electronic music at all. Check out Abort and Space Time, if you need a proof. Nothing wrong with that imo, they've just pioneered their sound up to now. I get most of the people here are offended by this kind of sound, that's okay with me, but stop making such bullshit statements, please.

Space Time is way different to their house stuff... I bought Space Time/Take The Stairs it came out, haven't bought a Delta Heavy release since.

Skrillex' debut EP dropped in mid 2010, so it would be about the right time to inspire this housey shit...

But anyway, you like it, I don't and we'll defend our sides of the argument regardless of fact. Production is tight, and the 4 bar synth loop at 24 bars (I think) would sound nice alone on a Noisia type neuro tune, but this is just everything I hate about 'EDM' in one tune.

All I'm saying is that I don't think they are just copycats. Space Time and Abort (and even Galaxy) already contained elements that are today heard in their non-dnb stuff. I agree they've kinda jumped on that bandwagon when Skrillex became so popular, but so did many other producers and most of them weren't able to match it production-wise, they did. Agree with the rest :)

Actually yeah, I see where you're coming from on reflection. It's that aggressive, sort of screechy vibe.

I'm just being a killjoy because I'm drifting from D&B. ;)

I'm actually curious about this. I know there will be some non dnb stuff, like the video is telling, but I don't mind about 1 or 2 glitch hop tunes. Not too screechy tho.

can't wait to listen to the dnb stuff this album is bringing

Does anyone else feel like they sometimes just play the latest RAM releases because they're the latest tunes and for no other reason lol? - Outside of culture shock etc.? Swear I just played End of Days for the sake of it basically....

Does anyone else feel like they sometimes just play the latest RAM releases because they're the latest tunes and for no other reason lol? - Outside of culture shock etc.? Swear I just played End of Days for the sake of it basically....

I still play out End Of Days, I love the impact it has on basically any crowd. But that's just me I guesss :)

Can someone please hurry up and invent a new type of crapstep for these losers to churn out, I've had enough of the endless screeching copies now.

Why is everyone saying that this is glitch hop...?

This is straight up electro house. Glitch hop is Massive Attack kind of vibe.

Don't like ram myself they churn out shit, I tend to go for less mainstream tunes, just to add that clip on page one was diabolical.

:word:

really liked their first few releases like abort, new stuff is just a bit much
Pretty much this.
Athough i dont rate it that much now, when i first heard Space Time on Nightlife 5 i was fucking rockin. Liked Take the Stairs and Minus too, but the recent stuff is shite.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom