Delayed LFO

muzzadj

VIP Junglist
another question lol..

Using NI Massive, how to go about making a delayed LFO such as .. 'waaaaaaaaaawubwubwubwub' all in one clean sound? Is it best to use the Performer as i can't get a good sound from it recently, clearly due to not being able to use it properly though!

Cheers!

I think I know what you mean from your description. Start with the LFO rate very slow then speed it up? You can do this with automation. Hope that helps otherwise post an example.

see attached image, make sure your on the lfo parameters tho.

Attachments

• massive2..JPG
    massive2..JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 63
I think I know what you mean from your description. Start with the LFO rate very slow then speed it up? You can do this with automation. Hope that helps otherwise post an example.

Can you explain how to do this with automation? What im focusing on learning at the moment.. Can you set automation on a setting (lfo/cutoff/resonance/etc) in a VST through cubase? But yeah you get the idea i think mate, just not gradually get faster, just go from no wobble for most of the bassline then at the end cut it to a quick wobble of the same note

i think the picture in my last post might help mate, am not sure tho cosi dont use massive but just by general assumption it should be correct.

gd question muzza. and woa that pic looks crazy, make that sound urself? Hmm this envelope shit is interesting, just opened up a whole new world of LFO's and wobbling (if thats the correct term). Is it possible to get a normal sinewave out of the envelope, like you would using a standard lfo?

Easiest way, (for cubase), Hit Record (with the midi channel track armed), and tweek the lfo a bit, now you can right click the channel (on the left, where you can edit the name of the channel) and choose 'show automation', and it'll appear ready for you to edit

dunno how to do this on massive but maybe just killin the lfo for the start of the sound then switchin it on??lol
or changin it so it rises up then automatin it to change to 1/4 or watever

Freek has already answered the question. Just add delay to the lfo and the wobble starts after the delay finishes.

yeah ^^^^

you would have to route the envelope to the same filter as the cut off tho (simply drag, you know how..) and play with the delay and attack times and so on

Back
Top Bottom