DeLarge - Injure. (Rolling dnb).

hi there, cool track! I like the bass and screemer in it. cool arrangement and selection of sounds/samples, too.
i suggest to take out the hats in the break, the pads would sound more prominent then and it creates a nice variation.
also, i would put the bass and drums into a different room, right now it sounds a bit unprocessed, but that is personal taste.
kickass tune, mate ! :2thumbs:

hi there, cool track! I like the bass and screemer in it. cool arrangement and selection of sounds/samples, too.
i suggest to take out the hats in the break, the pads would sound more prominent then and it creates a nice variation.
also, i would put the bass and drums into a different room, right now it sounds a bit unprocessed, but that is personal taste.
kickass tune, mate ! :2thumbs:

Thanks for the feedback mate.

I was actually worried that the bass parts sounded too dry before, so I put them in a bigger room. But tbh I would kill for a huge serum-style reverb on the bass parts especially on the switch up after the first 32! And that's a cool suggestion on the hats, I will try it.

Also any advice on how to improve my mixes? I made this on a pair of sennheiser hd25 and I think I'm gonna splash on some decent monitors and an interface soon.
Logic tells me that I just need to keep on banging out tunes and having a pair of monitors should easily improve my mixes, but can you offer any other advice? Thanks again.

mixdown is actually alright I find. just felt different rooms (not necessarily bigger) would give that little touch that creates more interesting textures and vibes ..
there is nothing wrong with producing/mixing on headphones, i do the same. important is to A/B tracks .. and keep the volume down, otherwise you'll ruin your ears ;)

Oooooohhhhh yes... It sounds very similar to S.P.Y. from hospital rec.
I think you should put the percussion down and a little bit bass up.
Very good sound selection, big thumbs up for that.
Cheers! ;)

Back
Top Bottom