degrees

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by boobjunkie, Jun 23, 2011.

1. boobjunkie

boobjunkie Active Member

got a 2:1 in biology from manchester today - so chuffed! anyone else graduating this summer? if so how did you do?

2. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

grats man (y) what you planning to do now (i have another two years left myself)

3. Joey AdhD

Joey AdhD sweaty scouser

big up ya self, i graduated a few years ago with a 2.1, welcome to the real world, ya gonna fucking hate it.

whats ya plans man?

4. boobjunkie

boobjunkie Active Member

thanks guys ^ no real plan yet gonna start applying for graduate jobs and hopefully move to london in the next few months, if that fails i might do a masters somewhere or look for a job abroad - i got an aussie passport so might as well make the most of it. what courses did you guys do/doing?

5. Joey AdhD

Joey AdhD sweaty scouser

i did pro sound and video technogy (HND) and BSc in media technology, get out this country man, defo do the aussie thing, this place is wack

6. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

doing straight History, its decent enough - no idea where i'm gonna go with it.
    mate - FLEE to australia, there isn't any work here unless you are well connected or extremely lucky (or you ain't a complete job snob) so may as well make use of that passport

7. Kobi

Kobi Member

I won't graduate my Masters until Jan 2012, still got my dissertation to finish. I've got family in Australia and wouldn't mind working there for a bit but I dunno if I want to permenantly live outside of England, fair enough it's shit at times and the weather is 24/7 depressing but I think i'd still miss a lot of it

8. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

Well 50 % of europe has the same fucking weather..there is too much weight on this ;)

9. Cat Gas

Cat Gas Aka Basis

I'm looking to do medicine. Failing that, biochem is the way for me!

10. Gumby

Gumby New Member

Grats man! you'll probably miss uni. i didnt want to leave when i graduated.

ive got an education degree. not using it now though. big fucking waste of time that was... and i still have to pay off the $17000 i owe! GAH!

11. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

its never a waste of time nor money gumbo, long as you got that on your CV you get all the good boss jobs

12. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

Studied computer science at Sheffield, graduating in july (still a graduand) but have no idea what class I got. Was on for a 2.1 easily, but then shanked up the second half of my dissertation (not entirely my fault) and so don't really know what I will get now.

Applying for a canadian work visa now, so I can do a season and then get a job in vancouver.

13. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Anybody actually do a degree related to anything they want a career in? Or a degree thats worth the paper its printed on?

14. Acid_Alli

Acid_Alli aka The Executioner

I done a degree in wanking, it's working out pretty well. Haven't had any major drama's yet that is.

15. EuroTide

EuroTide Well-Known Member

gonna graduate in September, Social Work B.A , not sure whats it going to be good for, probably should have looked into a degree in special education really

16. Gumby

Gumby New Member

yeah, to be honest it kinda doesnt really matter what subject your degree is. my sis has a nutrition degree, then worked in finance, now is a travel agent... i think employers just like the fact that you HAVE a degree, regardless of what it is.

17. Matt_47

Matt_47 Member

Finished my undergrad in environmental science last summer, off to do a masters this September now :)

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:38 ----------

Depends really on what you want to go into I think. Obv if you're going onto a generic grad scheme then it doesnt really matter what, but if you want a job as say an engineer or something, then you pretty much need an engineering degree (y)

18. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

no degree .. coz i dropped out uni to do more drugs .. passed my Sign Language course yesterday tho .. top of the class out of both classes !! BOOM ... its easy .. just throw shapes and pull faces .. pretty much like raving when gurning .. had loads of practice ..

which brings me to my next point nicely ... whenever i go raving now , now i know sign language , people are having mad conversations with me whilst skanking about without even knowing .. some lad kept signing .. G G G G G G weather weather weather weather G G G G G ..

pretty impressive ..

19. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Id rather get seriously in debt for something i know will benefit me. Like my CCNA, Security+ and A+, which are going to help me get an even better job.

I got mates doing shit like geography, history, philosophy and all that bullshit.

Only sensible degree i know anyone doing is my girlfriend, doing Pharmacology and Toxicology.

She promised when she graduates she'll invent some drugs.

20. zeeky deek

zeeky deek Moaning all the time.

Feck me, I graduated 6 years ago now. Got a 1st in Economics from UCL #OldMan