Definitely the best man...

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Greg P, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

Nope not Eksman, but me this time...

My mates getting married next year and has asked me to be his best man, it's a real honour which I totally didn't expect - he's a bit of a traditionalist so I thought he'd ask his brother - but he knew I was pissed at not being godfather to his kid (fair enough on account of my not being a catholic!) so...

So anyway, anyone ever done this before, or got married and got any tips of what's involved?

It's the engagement party this weekend, so it'd be good if I could look like I know what I'm talking about!

2. safety

safety double safety

just keep buying everyone drinks*

3. DJ_DAFT

DJ_DAFT is back

LOL

4. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

its all about events man, buffet tables, girls fussing in the peripherals, free congac pyramid, the lime sherbet half time, cufflinks, custom napkins with family crest emblazoned on the front, thems good stuff man, feels classy, lends an air of purpose. no cheeky bump in church, get good and skied in bathrooms, have small mirror handy for checking the old al pacino and wear wihte pressed dracula shirt for dramatic effect

5. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

yep... ive done the best man thing..... just come up with an embarising speach for the dinner..... make him cringe!! hahaha.... and dont get too wasted the night before!!..... VERY BAD IDEA!!!..... i did.... and felt like complete shite the whole day!!.... oh and the ring..... put it in your pocket and dont take it out...... EVER..... just keep it in your pocket..... if people ask to see it....... say no....... ill say it again..... KEEP IT IN YOUR POCKET!!!........ last thing you want is it going missing.....

and have fun mate.... its your mates last time of being "free" so have a proper laugh..... play pranks on him.... make sure he gets completely wankered on the stag do......

6. YOUNG TUNA

YOUNG TUNA IT'S ME BITCHES

just don't forget the strippers and it's all goooood

7. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

hahahaha!!!

yeh mate.... if your from London.... then id recommend "For Your Eyes Only" in croydon..... wkd club mate!!

8. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

Oh fuck, I hadn't thought of that...

It's definately gonna be a pay bar, and I think he mentioned something about it being £3.80 a pint... Christ, I'd already started savign for the suit... Hadn't even thought of this...

This sounds like my kinda affair - I'll definately pass on the suiggestion about the napkins with family crests on, give it a sense of occasion, a bit of class y'know...

Some good advice from Mr Rock as always! - I've already started planning which anecdote to tell in my speech, I've got so much dirt on this guy it's untrue, it's just a question of how much I make him squirm...

Good advice about the ring though - hadn't thought of that either, I'm fucking famous for losing really important things so I reckon that has to be the way I go - stick it in the pocket and keep patting the thing every 30 seconds...

Thae stag do is gonna be V.messy, I'll see to that alright...

yeah, I was thinking about that too, as I say, very messy...

Has anyone seen the movie "Very Bad Things"?

You get the picture ;)

Well Ok, maybe not that messy...

9. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

Yeah we're in London, but since the arrival of his baby girl my mate has relocated to Birmingham, so not sure if we should make him come down here for his stag do, or maybe we go to Brum, or seeing as I'm in charge and arranging the thing maybe something completely different, I'm thinking maybe Amsterdam...

Only thing is, if he gets wasted and has a bit of sexy time with a "lady of the night" his (and indeed my) missus will fucking murder me...

They'd find out, trust me, they have powers these women, they'd know alright...

10. Dj-Pezzz

Dj-Pezzz HangOutWithYourWangOut

Which is why u have u drink soo much more.....so it drowns out the guilt the morning after! :beers: