deep, phat and verby basses

Mania

i fukin wot m8
VIP Junglist
this seamless vid really stood out for me. Easily applicable to all DAWs, sounds next level and way better than his other stuff.

really worth watching for the guys here looking for 'neuro' sounds. The only thing id like to add is that he shouldve monoized it first up after sytrus because the low end is muddy af

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that was pretty cool.
I was struggling to keep up when he was talking about the finer parts of maximus, but I really like the concept of putting reverb at the beginning of the chain, cause those iterations really emphasise it in a cool and weird way. Also reverse, add reverb, then re-reverse is a nice trick.

I feel that I could easily go away and do it myself, were it not for the fact that I can't EQ or compress properly :D

Yeah, that was pretty cool.
I was struggling to keep up when he was talking about the finer parts of maximus, but I really like the concept of putting reverb at the beginning of the chain, cause those iterations really emphasise it in a cool and weird way. Also reverse, add reverb, then re-reverse is a nice trick.

I feel that I could easily go away and do it myself, were it not for the fact that I can't EQ or compress properly :D
I sometimes get lost in his videos, because he seems like an AK-47 when he talks. 1000 words per minute.

Ive never gotten lost lol, love the detail and the speed

watch-out-guys-we-got-a-badass-over-here.jpg

Just watched it. This guy is a great teacher, and it's exactly the video I was looking for. Thanks for sharing that.

Is it worth watching all 92 Seamless bass tutorials?

Have been going through a few, some elements seem to be pretty obvious, but here and there I learn something new.

Also, I am regretting my cheapo decision to use reaper, synthmaster + free plugs for everything and starting to get serious lust for sytrus and maximus. Somehow, reacomp and reaXcomp don't quite seem to cut it anymore.

Is it worth watching all 92 Seamless bass tutorials?

Have been going through a few, some elements seem to be pretty obvious, but here and there I learn something new.

Also, I am regretting my cheapo decision to use reaper, synthmaster + free plugs for everything and starting to get serious lust for sytrus and maximus. Somehow, reacomp and reaXcomp don't quite seem to cut it anymore.

If you use Windows, I think you can get both of them independently and use them with Reaper. I switched from Reaper to Ableton, but there's a lot of things from Reaper I miss sometimes. especially the routing and customization and mixdowns. I guess FL does pretty well at routing and mixdowns too.

If you use Windows, I think you can get both of them independently and use them with Reaper. I switched from Reaper to Ableton, but there's a lot of things from Reaper I miss sometimes. especially the routing and customization and mixdowns. I guess FL does pretty well at routing and mixdowns too.

I know I can get both of them.... it's just I haven't because I'm 18 and I've got no job and no money :D

D'oh! Well lack of money sure helps with the lustin' and not havin'!

Ok, I satisfied by sytrus lust with synthmaster. It has 4 modulators and 2 oscillators, and I only realized today that the routing is much more flexible than I had realized.

I thought you could only modulate each oscillator with two modulators, which is a bit limiting, but I've just discovered modulators 3 and 4 can also be modulated by 1 and 2, which gives me enough routing options to make nice yoi basses :D.

dont, its about getting the right sample and knowing what to do with it, neither has to cost a single cent.

focus on sub, then distorted 808 and reece. and you will know how to dnb pretty soon. real talk homie

dont, its about getting the right sample and knowing what to do with it, neither has to cost a single cent.

focus on sub, then distorted 808 and reece. and you will know how to dnb pretty soon. real talk homie

And sidechain everything to the virus kick, am I rite?

I don't know if I just want to dnb... I kinda want to dnb and house and dubstep and skrillex and jazz and classical simultaneously. So that means learning to make good reeces, but also good kicks and plucks and FM basses too. and music theory. and piano. and improvising.

Fuck I've got too much to do. Either one day I'll do it all and be the new Tom Jenkinson (but better, cause he can't reece properly) or i'll just give up and go and make bigroom for the rest of my life.

Back
Top Bottom