Deep, Dark & Techy Studio Mix (3 Decks)

IFTN

"Finally got round to recording a new studio mix! After getting pretty good feedback on the last couple, I wanted to spend a while making sure this was a good one too - and a lot of thought went into the track selection and running order of this mix. I wanted it to consist of uncompromisingly high quality tunes both new and (relatively) old, and to be stitched together in such a way that the blends between them would be as perfect & subtle as possible. This is one for the heads, I think the closer you listen the more you will notice.

This is a 3 deck mix so there are some quick switch ups and teasers, but it's mostly about the long blends and gradual progressions.

Deep, Dark & Techy vibes throughout.

Tracklist:

DLR, Hydro, Mako & Villem - The Formula [Dispatch]
Nickbee - Human Race (Amoss remix) [Horizons]
Enei - Trainchaser [Critical]
Rido - Exoplanet [Obsessions]
Future Signal - Monopole [IM:LTD]
Dabs & Safire - Back & Forth [Dispatch]
Ulterior Motive & Code 3 - Yeti [Symmetry]
Dabs & Amoss - Still There [Horizons]
Chroma - Acetate [ProgRAM]
>> FD - Break & Enter [Metalheadz]
Dabs - Objection [Dispatch]
Fre4knc - Tubular [Samurai]
Xtrah - Groove Shadow [Symmetry]
Gerwin - Against The Clock [IM:LTD]
Amoss - Why Do We Fall [Horizons]
Noisia & Phace - Floating Zero [Invisible]
Alix Perez - Blueprint feat. Metropolis [Shogun]
Andy Pain & Z Connection - Outsider [Demand]
Enei & EastColors - 2012 [Critical]
Amoss - Flex [Renegade Hardware]
Mindmapper & Fre4knc - Collessius [Translation]
>>> Survival & Silent Witness - Visitation feat. Klute [Dispatch]
SpectraSoul - Away With Me (Calibre remix) [Shogun]"

This is one of the best member mixes I have listened to over the past few months. Top selection, EQing is on point throughout, rolls straight through with none of the tracks sounding out of place! The first mix is huuge... been caining The Formula myself recently, sounds so big on a system too. Really like how the tunes play off each other, its generally how I also go about mixing tunes nowadays.

Also love hearing tracks that I play too but don't hear in many mixes like:

- Future Signal - Monopole
- Mindmapper & Fre4knc - Collessius (all about that 2nd drop)

Big up on this mix tho, will be spinning this for a while

this mix is big, loads of tunes in there which I haven't heard which made it even better. all tunes worked really well with each other and mixing was tight throughout. Will definitly be listening to this again big up man. Also what is tune at 41:50? that is a banger haha (I know there is a tracklist but lot of these songs I dont know)

Enjoyed this. Pretty much my kind of selection/mixing style. Opening mix was smooth, you kept it rolling always with tight mixing.

Favourite mix was Noisia & Phace - Floating Zero >> Alix Perez - Blueprint feat. Metropolis!!! Straight roller!

Oh, just a heads up, you're missing a track in the tracklist, Icicle's remix of Set It Off before Outsider :)

Cheers mate. Oh and check out my latest mix if you have some time!

This is one of the best member mixes I have listened to over the past few months. Top selection, EQing is on point throughout, rolls straight through with none of the tracks sounding out of place! The first mix is huuge... been caining The Formula myself recently, sounds so big on a system too. Really like how the tunes play off each other, its generally how I also go about mixing tunes nowadays.

Also love hearing tracks that I play too but don't hear in many mixes like:

- Future Signal - Monopole
- Mindmapper & Fre4knc - Collessius (all about that 2nd drop)

Big up on this mix tho, will be spinning this for a while

Great! Really nice to hear such positive feedback, glad you enjoyed it mate :)

this mix is big, loads of tunes in there which I haven't heard which made it even better. all tunes worked really well with each other and mixing was tight throughout. Will definitly be listening to this again big up man. Also what is tune at 41:50? that is a banger haha (I know there is a tracklist but lot of these songs I dont know)

Hey man thanks for listening, at 41:50 both of the following are playing:

Enei & EastColors - 2012 [Critical]
Amoss - Flex [Renegade Hardware]

but it's the bass from 2012

Enjoyed this. Pretty much my kind of selection/mixing style. Opening mix was smooth, you kept it rolling always with tight mixing.

Favourite mix was Noisia & Phace - Floating Zero >> Alix Perez - Blueprint feat. Metropolis!!! Straight roller!

Oh, just a heads up, you're missing a track in the tracklist, Icicle's remix of Set It Off before Outsider :)

Cheers mate. Oh and check out my latest mix if you have some time!

Ahh thanks for that, added it in now. And i'll defo check out yours!

meh....... it was aight. Kidding this mix was proper man..... well done.

Could you define studio mix tho and also do use a sync button or not? just curious it doesnt matter if you do or not the blends where dead on and all the mixes were thrown at the right time. i was just wondering.

cheers man! studio mix as in i did it at home, used sync and mastered it slightly

u wat. i hope that's sarcasm.

banging mix man, listened a few times already (suprised i didn't feedback you yet, i swear i thought i did :p ), you know your tunes really well and you can hear that since pretty much everything works seamlessly together, big up

Re: Deep, Dark & Techy Studio Mix (3 Decks)

Thanks for the response man. Shit was ill mang. All the traks blended perfectly.... there were times i was just shaking my head cuz the mixes were so good. Seriously good man.

- - - Updated - - -

on a side note that Reckless trak u did is ill homie.

Re: Deep, Dark & Techy Studio Mix (3 Decks)

Thanks for the response man. Shit was ill mang. All the traks blended perfectly.... there were times i was just shaking my head cuz the mixes were so good. Seriously good man.

- - - Updated - - -

on a side note that Reckless trak u did is ill homie.

cheers! check your PMs, ill send you a copy of it for if you wanna play it out/use it in a mix at all

I really really liked this mix mate. I was listening to this whilst working and I dfrifted off in to my own little world once or twice as the tunes and the technique kept me interested throughout.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom