Deep/dark/rolling mix. BLURRS - Detonate/RaveTrent DJ Competition entry. D/L & T/L

breeeeza

Let me know what you think please, if enough people listen and its good enough i get to play in the finals with the prospect of playing for Detonate in Notts. hope you enjoy it.

http://soundcloud.com/blurrs/blurrs-detonate-dj-comp

Bitter taste – Icicle ft DRS
Process of Elimination – Skeptical
Above the slums – DBR ft MC Fokus
Dark impulses – Bazil
Flex – Amoss
-------→ Voices – Alix Perez
Cloak & Dagger – Jubei & Vicious Circle
Polaroid – Phobia ft Zoe Hakin
Blue Eyes – Skeptical
The Editor – Dub Phizix & Strategy
Murderation – Logistics
Obsession – Enei ft DRS
Xenomorph – S.P.Y
Cemetery – Foreign Concept ft Bringa
Surface – Kasra & S.P.Y
Be Myself – Krakota
Night Flight – Andy c & Shimon
:miss_rep:

peace

Last edited:
Re: Deep/dark/rolling mix. BLURRS - Detonate/RaveTrent DJ Competition entry. D/L & T/

Bitter taste – Icicle ft DRS - nice intro tune
Process of Elimination – Skeptical - loved how that pad came in. whoa gosh, awesome drop. sounds real good together. i would have ended the mix earlier tho before the drum pattern changed.
Above the slums – DBR ft MC Fokus - vocal sat really nice over POE .. didnt like the bass's together tho. a straight cross over there would have been more effective imo.
Dark impulses – Bazil - was quite nice. this tunes is nice man not heard it before. slightly less mid and above the slums vocals would have had more impact.
Flex – Amoss - came in a lil harsh, go easy on the fader... was wicked when the drums cut out .. dropped togther quite nice.
-------→ Voices – Alix Perez - all about this track (sadly no vinyl) lil less mid on the intro apart from that its wicked. cleanly pulled out of the mix too. well played.
Cloak & Dagger – Jubei & Vicious Circle - nice and quick. lil less trebble hi's get a lil much (really being picky here but just to add to perfection) its a nice mix man. might have to try that one myself.
Polaroid – Phobia ft Zoe Hakin - dont know this one. quickly done... usually hate drums over breakdowns but this one is ok... lil less trebble when C&D dropped back in. would have had the bass the other way round throughout and quit the mix before C&D had the percussion drop in.
Blue Eyes – Skeptical - drums over breakdown. im not a fan of it... was better when polaroids bass kicked in... the drop was ok.. might have better with blue eyes bass down and polaroids bass up for the whole mix. the switching was clean but didn't get the best sound from the mix. i would have quit the mix when blue eyes' mid range noises came in.
The Editor – Dub Phizix & Strategy - too much trebble. easy on the bass switching, i know its fun, but it isn't alway best to do it randomly, have symmetric pattern if ur gonna do it. sounded best when it first dropped and before blue eyes mid range dropped in.
Murderation – Logistics - TUNEE!!! need to dig this out. same as before with the bass switches. sounded best with editor as the dominant bass imo.
Obsession – Enei ft DRS - really dont understand the bass switch during the intro. there is no bass line playing yet. just sounds lacking. the overal mix is ok tho.
Xenomorph – S.P.Y - meh.. not really feeling this one. the vocal pokes thru nice but i just feel like its one tune on top of the other and not a fusion of the 2.. if that makes sense.
Cemetery – Foreign Concept ft Bringa - quickly into it. wasn't a fan really, that rising noise on the intro doesn't blend with xenmorrpurohgihghhh.
Surface – Kasra & S.P.Y - nice. felt like it lost alot of owumph when the mix ended tho. keep and eye on ur levels.
Be Myself – Krakota - didn;t like the intro over the breakdown. i would have faded it up just before the drop. mix was ok, not a fan of the bass switch. i would also have switched over to be myself when its drums cut away. sounded like u wanted to do that anyway but missed it. easily done.
Night Flight – Andy c & Shimon - liked the drums of this over the be myself electro melody thingy. drop sounded nice. cool mix.

liked this man. quality selection, nice eq work, except the random switching bits i said i wasn't too keen on.
some real nice mixes in here too. the first blend was easily my fav

whoa and a power off sloooow and spin back to finish! ha ha..
well played man.

Re: Deep/dark/rolling mix. BLURRS - Detonate/RaveTrent DJ Competition entry. D/L & T/

TeddyBizzle, your feedback is incredible. much appreciated, thankyou.

Back
Top Bottom