Drum & Bass Deeks - Pluto Is Still A Planet (WIP)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Deekay[AUS], Sep 11, 2013.

1. Deekay[AUS]

Deekay[AUS] Buffy's Bedtime Slayer

Something I have been working on today.

Let us know what you guys think?

2. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

It's kind of a short and repetitive loop so there isn't much to critique but what I thought of was that the 'lead' bass needs some more presence. The percussions are working well but I think I'd like some more hats to give it a bit more groove and fill it out... That might just be a personal preference tho!

3. kdk

kdk Member

The basic ideas in the loop are really good. The whole thing needs to be turned up, though. Do you have a maximizer/limiter you could put on it? Anyway, what I did hear was promising; laser bass and everything. :) I do agree you could add richness—maybe even a second voice—to the bass.

4. Deekay[AUS]

Deekay[AUS] Buffy's Bedtime Slayer

Yeah it's definately a work in progress haha. First tune back producing in a few months :). Cheers for the response.

5. Mason John

Mason John 21st Junta

Definitely this. I paused for a sec to see if my speakers were on low, turns out they were just a quarter to max turn to loudest and the track didn't sound loud enough 'till they were a fraction to that limit.