Decoder & Substance returns?

Re: Decoder & Substance returns?

If they come with good music then YAY, if not then MEH.

- - - Updated - - -

For a brief moment in the 90s before Kosheen blew up they were really fucking running things though.

Peshay & Decoders remix of Rings Around Saturn like.

Last edited by a moderator:
theres no recent release on technique that i liked coming to my mind right now..

^ yeah, not really filling me with confidence, ALTHOUGH that recent Digital remix is quite cool...

Imagine Decoder on Exit or Samurai like....

Last edited by a moderator:
Technique seems like an odd place for them to re launch, although it depends what sound they come with!

Hardleaders, 31, Tech Itch days were quality for these guys and Markee's early stuff on Ruffneck Ting was ace! I liked his tough, techy approach to the jump up sound of the mid to late 90's!!

I liked a lot of their Breakbeat Culture stuff, but some of it hasn't aged well.
http://www.discogs.com/label/1716-Breakbeat-Culture-Records

Kosheen was fine for a minute. Resist was great, but I haven't really paid attention to them much after that.

If older artists are trying to make great new music, I'm thrilled. If they're just trying to churn out "EDM" anthems or put out crap to take advantage of the moment, I'm not so interested. Then again, for the guys who paid their dues and never saw much money from it, I guess more power to them for getting some coin in older age.

wouldnt call this EDM, it's a little bit more commercial but still pretty good. though i prefer their old stuff (tracks like stutter and back @ mine)

Let´s face it, Kosheen was a project to reach out to a wider audience but they have never been sellouts.

I don´t understand the term EDM here and I don´t even want to talk about that because that´s just ridiculous.

I do see however why people might not like this. For me it just sounds like Kosheen in 2015 and it feels right, I´m totally fine with that.

Back
Top Bottom