Decks out of sync

MC DONKEY DICK

BIG!
VIP Junglist
I noticed last night that one of my decks was spinning faster than the other one, making it a bit of a bitch to hold down a decent mix (i find it hard enough already) I was wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem, and if it's an expensive one to fix?

It could be that your pitch pader is knackered or your decks just need retuning. My decks are in the shop at the moment and it's costing me about £30 per deck.

Do you have 1210's?

where can u take technics to be serviced? i read about having the pitch lock removed on the mk2's am intrested in having that done but too pussy to do it myself!

Depends where you live mate, I think you can call up panasonic to find out the location of your nearest technics registered servicer.

However if you go to your local records shop the guys in there will generally know someone who can sort you out.

hope this is of some help. :)

It could be that your pitch pader is knackered or your decks just need retuning. My decks are in the shop at the moment and it's costing me about £30 per deck.

Do you have 1210's?

Na, I got some of them geminis that look like 1210's, cant remember the name of the model at the moment.

Yeah my old technics had that problem...they where about 20years old though lol.
I ended up giving them back to the guy who let me borrow them in the end as the pitch kept on changing every now n then.

think im gunna buy some brand new ones as soon as i get the money.
but goto your local record store and ask if they know of anywhere local that can sort your problem....they should know..they may even be able to fix it themselves for a small fee

I've got the exact same problem with my 1210s at the moment. It's a fucking bitch to mix sometimes when you've got something locked and the beats are drifting apart. I did buy mine 3rd hand for pretty cheap so I didn't expect them to be in perfect nick.

If anyone has any information on where to get them serviced I'd be very appreciative.

Yeh I've got this problem aswell with my 1210s....

Apprently any shop that has Technics logo on the front of the shop services them...

I've got the exact same problem with my 1210s at the moment. It's a fucking bitch to mix sometimes when you've got something locked and the beats are drifting apart. I did buy mine 3rd hand for pretty cheap so I didn't expect them to be in perfect nick.

If anyone has any information on where to get them serviced I'd be very appreciative.

If you're in Leeds, someone in Tribe might know. My mate got sorted out there. Failing that when I could just try and get the nubmer and PM it to you.

I made a thread on this a while ago.
I did it to my technics and never looked backed, you just feel so much more confident with what your were with. Just a tip if you do use this; when you get your dots staying still, make sure they are absolutely still, don't settle for them moving a little bit.

http://technics.junglist.pl/hacking_technics.html

There is a massive old thread on DNBA that has loads of guides and walkthroughs on how to service 1210s etc.. DTR knows all about it the badman!

Sorry can't find the link atm..

Back
Top Bottom