decks for beginners

Go on htfr.com, and look for the "Numark TT1625 battle pack", you get 2 decks (direct drive),a mixer,headphones,needles,speakers and all the leads and bit and pieces.
im 21 and ive been using this for a couple of years now, perfect starter pack!:)
i think you get some vinyl with it aswell
The whole bundle costs around £265.00

I got mine about 2 years ago

djstore.com

arrived next day

It is a good package to start off on, then upgrade the speakers and mixer when desired. But as he is only 13 you could probably research and get cheaper decks, depends on how much you want to spend, as long as they are direct drive :)

and I agree with all who have advised direct drive, even if it is for a beginner just spring for direct, belt drive are so poor there is no point, ive seen a lot of nu djs give up cos they got sick of their awful belt-drives.

this is the one i got. only problem i find is the platter a bit wobbly and the nedle skips if your cuing a record because of this and also sometimes the mixer cuts out when you lift the needle and you have to reconnect the phono leads.

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR108364
it does me fine but to be honest i wouldnt really reccomend it for the price it is but its worth a look because of the package you get with the records and all.
youll need an amp and speakers of course though and that can be quite pricy also unless you have a hifi with phono inputs ofr an aux convertor.

I laptop DJ and although I started out doing it out of curiosity not really taking it seriously, I have got considerably better and have grown to DJing.

So I wanna buy some decks, I'm now sure that I want to do this and it's something I would do with a passion. Should I opt to go for one of those good starter deals where everything is included or look for something better quality, maybe a pair of second hand 1210's off ebay and the rest?

I laptop DJ and although I started out doing it out of curiosity not really taking it seriously, I have got considerably better and have grown to DJing.

So I wanna buy some decks, I'm now sure that I want to do this and it's something I would do with a passion. Should I opt to go for one of those good starter deals where everything is included or look for something better quality, maybe a pair of second hand 1210's off ebay and the rest?

IMO, since you know what you are doing, you should just go for the high end stuff straight away. Then you won't be cursing your decision to pay for the beginner stuff when you become accustomed etc.

IMO, since you know what you are doing, you should just go for the high end stuff straight away. Then you won't be cursing your decision to pay for the beginner stuff when you become accustomed etc.

Definately this! The cheaper the equipment your using the more restricted you will be. if you go straight for technics/vestax etc then your mixin can progress without poor turntables holding u back!

Back
Top Bottom