Decks and a mixer

smaur

bacon
You guy's probably see these threads all the time, so I'm sorry if I've got this in the wrong section, or you're bored of seeing these threads.

Basically I've been playing around with some dnb tunes on my computer, quite enjoyed mixing them etc. Now I'm really up for getting some decks and a mixer + my favorite dnb tunes :D

So I'm looking at some beginners direct drive decks, anyone with any recommendations would be great! I'm aiming to spend around £200 - just as a starting point though.

Thanks alot, Smaur

eBay mate, tis the way forward. also check out whybuynew.co.uk, go to the Deck packages section and see what you can find. you'll probably be able to get the decks/mixer for that sort of cash ok, but have you thought about amp/speakers or do you have a line input on your hi-fi (if you do run it through your hi-fi, be prepared to blow it up within a few months!)

if ya looking for good decks at a good price i reckon u cant go wrong with some numark ttx1's. there premium decks and have loads of good features. even though the technics fan will disagree they are as good as tech's the only thing ill say is the pitch on the numarks are very sensative so if your plannig on mixing at clubs and partys you might find going from numarks to technics a little tricky but your get used to that. good luck

Sup guys, thanks for the replies.

Anyway can I get some opinions on the following...
  • KAM DDX750's and a KAM MIX150. (direct drive)
  • NUMARK TT1650's and a NUMARK DM950. (direct drive)
  • GEMINI TT01 and BEHRINGER DJX400. (belt drive)

I would prefer a mixer with a BPM counter, but how acurate are these things?

Thanks alot.

The KAM and Numark Packs look OK, i'd go for the Numark one personally and whatever you do, DO NOT GET A MIXER WITH BPM COUNTERS! 9 times out of 10 they don't work and if they do, you'll become reliant on them to do the mixing for you making it really difficult to mix on anything without counters.

Hope this helps, happy mixing!! :crazy:

Haha ok Flatmatt, I'll avoid BPM counting mixers then lol.

Can anyone recommend any good places to buy my package from? I've only looked on htfr.com, and djstore.co.uk

I'm thinking about getting this unless anyone else can recommend a decent package for around £260...

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR74152

The KAM and Numark Packs look OK, i'd go for the Numark one personally and whatever you do, DO NOT GET A MIXER WITH BPM COUNTERS! 9 times out of 10 they don't work and if they do, you'll become reliant on them to do the mixing for you making it really difficult to mix on anything without counters.

Hope this helps, happy mixing!! :crazy:

Good counters work perfectly with house but you don't need them with house.

And with dnb they generally can't cope (having said that, the Numark ones DO cope but they halve the speed).

Work with ear.

Back
Top Bottom