Deck Setup

jamsam2000

I have just moved into a new flat and havent got my 1210's set up yet!?!?!?!?!

Basically i want to build / buy / have built for me a unit that will house all my stuff and records etc. Was thinking of getting a table with space cut out to make the decks flush with the table. then i can put another piece on top when they are not used to keep the missus happy.

Any ideas how easy this could be or how much it must cost to get made????

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    315.6 KB · Views: 77
This is a very simple and easy thing to build with a bit of carpentry knowledge. If you are lacking this then your best bet is to get onto the blower to some local carpentry companies and have a chat with them. They would be a able to a proper good job and as its a simple build without crazy angles and shit they'd be able to knock that out in 2hours MAX!

DIY route would mean getting all your measurements together, then head down B&Q and catch to the boys in the wood cutting section. They'd be able to do all your lengths easily and then all you have to is assemble :) But ffs use big ass fucking screws cos it's guna have to hold a LOT of weight.

Hope that helps :)

Oh and cost all depends on how nice you want the table to be. I opted for cheap ass 2"x4" cos I'm all about function rather then aesthics :)

Phorce of Habit has seen mine recently and I don't think he had any issues with my handwork lol!

That sounds like a plan...

I suppose i could give it a go myself and then if it doesnt happen get someone else to do it!

I think done properly it could look really sweet. Anyone have anything like this they could show me pics of? I know there is a pic set up page but I dont want to trawl through loads of 14 year old dirty bedroom pics haha. Seem to remember some of the setups on there were sweet.

Will be sure to take before, during and after pics if i do decide to do anything with them.

ok hang on let me go and trawl through loads of pages of 14 year old dirty bedrooms so u dont have to.

no problem internet friend

ok hang on let me go and trawl through loads of pages of 14 year old dirty bedrooms so u dont have to.

no problem internet friend

Haha, i knew someone would come back with that comment!

r800inb-basic1.jpg

darinacustom2.jpg

^^ Never ever get anything that doesn't allow heat to disipate, especially with CDJs! With Technics is ok but whoever designed the one above is fucking twit!! Pioneer strictly say in there manuels that youmust leave a decent amount of air gap around the unit, plus the big fuck off heat sink on the back would roast that bench to death!

No dig at you tho Jamsam, just at the designer lol!

^^ Never ever get anything that doesn't allow heat to disipate, especially with CDJs! With Technics is ok but whoever designed the one above is fucking twit!! Pioneer strictly say in there manuels that youmust leave a decent amount of air gap around the unit, plus the big fuck off heat sink on the back would roast that bench to death!

No dig at you tho Jamsam, just at the designer lol!

All good though if you sink them in built into a custom coffin and sink that into the desk just leave the back panel open? Obviously for cables aswell..

Nah boy! That's not worth it, you'd have to have some fans in there really with a ideally a grill either side to allow air flow... But don't listen to me, i'm only an electonic engineer so don't know anything about this stuff :lol:

Yeah i know what you mean. I was thinking it might be worth trying to build a removable cd stand rather than sinking it in to the table, would also mean the table could be a bit smaller. if needs be...

Hmmmmmm.

Might be a trip to B&Q to check it all out.

DJProject10.jpg

DJProject3.jpg

DJProject6.jpg

I've had no problems with overheating yet.. seen loads of people do it as well.. maybe im just a fool

I wouldnt do it with CDJ's though them things get hot

and btw im liking the diagram Jamsam :D

That set up is really nice man, def love to have something like that!! basically i want that with some record storage under and some kind of removable stand to put a cdj on, and perhaps a lid with a hinge so it can all be hidden away if needs be. Feeling the inspiration coming!

Back
Top Bottom