decisions + manchester

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by dccool879, Feb 10, 2009.

1. dccool879

dccool879 New Member

A couple years ago i graduated high school in the US where i grew up. My parents were going to move to fill positions at the uni of Manchester. They convinced me to apply to the uni on top of ones in the US. I got into Manchester, as well as some schools i liked in the US. I stayed behind in the US.

One thing I feel like i am missing out on by staying in the US is techno, raves, and a club life. (Or would have going to the uni of Manchester for comp sci have raped me up the butt and turned me into a nerd?) How is the techno scene in Manchester. Problem is, my favorite techno by far is the old skool breakbeat stuff!! But i do enjoy DNB (have been a listener since 2003), dubstep, anything heavy

I visit england a lot, and i don't feel like i'm missing out on some crazy music scene (all i hear about is Basshunter. wtf is that shit?) but i believe there is some crazy underground shit goin on! someone fill me in!!

2. *Chloe

*Chloe Well-Known Member

mate im from cali,
    i moved here a year and half ago.
    best decision i made so far.

3. dccool879

dccool879 New Member

i was born in santa cruz, but grew up in north carolina. the south woooohooooo no one listens to techno here, but there is at least a lot of venues that have awesome metal bands come through.

4. Controller

Controller (╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻

My mate is @ uni in manchester, him & his bro DJ/Live sax perfomance over house/electro, and he runs his own night called audacity.

There's always stuff on there it's a city. You'd be spoilt for choice.

5. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

Manchesters a shit hot city mate, get your ass down, an forget about techno its all about dnb :teeth:

To be honest tho mate the main techno you get in manchester is this minimal shite...

6. dccool879

dccool879 New Member

man i wish i was around back in 1991 go to a huge ass rave with the craziest music, drop a pill haha jk? :banana:

theres a techno club around here that i have 0 interest in, playing all that new crap with vocals idk what to call it. i think it attracts old people

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  7. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

techno used to be huge in this town.
    filthy warehouse parties and acid nights with Havoc @ The Phoenix.
    i miss those times.. :(