Decided to go back to my routes n make some HEAVY DNB!

Lol well it might not b as heavy as u wouldv liked it! But it most definitely is dnb! Constructive feedback would b more appreciated! What is it missing?

- - - Updated - - -

bit of a harsh comment if u ask me...

Constructive. One layer of hi-hats is not enough imo. The kick sample perhaps isn't right. Heavier drums, in the vein of Phace_Hot Rocks, organic funk. That might work.

Sounds very empty. You need to beef up the drums a lot more - maybe redo them altogether. The bass is also boring and repetitive - it sounds like you've low-passed a fart and looped it.

Spend more time on the track and put a bit more thought into it. Your other tracks on your soundcloud sound a lot better than this so I'm assuming you've not spent much time on this at all?

Right, let me try again........

There's no groove to the track, nothing that grips you and makes you want to move, everything sounds weak and lifeless. Kick is a crap sample, sounds really bad, like you've put overdrive on it at the wrong frequency. I cant hear a snare at all? is there one in there? if there is it's hidden in the poor mixdown. Like Subprime said, one pattern of static hats isn't gonna cut it. The bassline is monotonous and repetitive, it lacks any movement, direction or power. There's no structure to the track, it doesn't evolve in any way. And what bpm have you done this in? Cos I wouldn't class this as DnB at all? Sounds really slow?

I just reached the end, and only then did I hear anything that resembled a drum and bass beat pattern? So if that has been there throughout, then you have some serious mixdown issues because it's un-noticeable in the main part of the track.

Now, onto what I said before, if you think that's a harsh comment then maybe you shouldn't be bigging yourself up in the thread title, saying Heavy DnB! When it's not, at all! And also commenting after saying it may not be as heavy as I would've liked? You're damn straight it isn't anywhere near what I would've liked! I understand we all start somewhere, but learn from people and don't be butt hurt when someone says your track is shit! Because it is! The way I see it, you have two options, One, man up and take some criticism and learn from it to better yourself, ask yourself why people think it sucks and learn from that experience. Or two, cry into a tissue and keep making shit stuff, in hope that people will be gentle with you and tell you how wonderful you are!

We all went through it, I got abused when I 1st started posting my stuff on here, purely because I didn't have a clue what I was doing back then, my stuff sounded awful. But I have put a lot of time and effort into production over the years and only recently have I got to the point where I feel comfortable in my skills. But even now, I would never post a track, saying it's "Heavy"! That's for thelisteners to decide, not me.

Hows that for harsh?

^ would it be safe to say youre not a fan? its not as good as your liquid song thats for sure, not even the same level! which makes me think you did it messing about lol

Right.. thanks for actually giving me something 2 work with now. By no means am i "crying into a tissue" I was just wondered why you'd made such sarcastic negative remarks without actually giving any helpful contribution which is all i was looking for... As for the seemingly huge mistake i made of calling it "heavy" dnb in the first place, i dont use the word heavy in the sense of biggin something up, i use it to differentiate between the likes of liquid dnb compared to the style i was aiming for here, sorry again for making things unclear for u, ill try to refrain from using that word in future. U'v given me quite a lot of feedback 2 work on now (well done for that sir, u did alright this time, 10 points i truely appreciate it) so ill get back 2 that..

To other people who gave feedback and criticisms without the attitude problem, thanks very much I can see where ur coming from, I did spend less time on this track than I have on others, think i need 2 get back 2 the drawing board!

PEACE!

Last edited:
just sounds like dnb to me. With not enough drums. Although I do make Jump up dnb which, to me, comes from a completely different angle.

Yeah, you know sometimes I over produce tracks and when I listen them back they have so much shit it lacks punch and sounds like a huge thin wall of spraying sounds.

Back
Top Bottom