Decent Music Making Program For A Beginner?

Vanchatron

I'm extremely into all types of trance (progressive especially) & Drumb & Bass/Dubstep etc. I often have a lot of free time on my hands, and was thinking of trying to make a few tracks myself, but was wondering just how hard it was.

I heard there are programs you can get for your PC which you can use to create music tracks/beats, but I've no idea which to get.

I've NEVER used a music program before or anything like that and haven't ever really studied anything to do with music, so was wondering if you guys could recommend an easy(ish) music program for a beginner, so I can mess around with it and 'try' to create some tracks as I've got some ideas in my head. I just need to get them made now. A music making program that has all the basics yet is fairly easy to get used to, would be perfect for me.

I'll probably start off making absolutely crap tracks, but perhaps when I get used to it I'll be able to put more effort in and make them a better. Obviously I'm not expecting to get straight onto the program and make a world famous track after just 15 mins, but you get my point. It's worth a shot anyway I think. I just need to know where to start.

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

There's so much. But you might like the combination Fruity Loops with a bunch of youtube tutorials (the latter is probably needed whatever program you choose). Also, you better grow to be part of the dnbforum family if your first post is already a question or cry for help. Or i will knock you the fuck out!

:welcome:

try them all out... its whats best for you, not us ;)

ableton live
fruity loops
reason
logic
cubase

nuff to get you started... most should have a free demo to try out (y)

Much appreciated, thanks guys. Out of the ones listed, which (in your opinion) do you feel is most suited to a beginner? As I said, I'm 100% new to this and don't want to jump straight into any over complicated program to begin with. I know that they'll ALL be complicated to begin with, but the easier the better to be honest.

I guess FL Studio is quite beginner friendly. It has the easiest workflow imo. That's not to say it's a beginner only DAW though, you can do anything with it you can with the other DAWs and a lot of great artists have proved it, fuck the haters.

I'm using FL myself. I've tried Ableton Live and Cubase but just couldn't bring myself to like them. Sure they had a few nice features but overall just wasn't for me. I'd love to try Logic though, seems very similar to FL but perhaps more clean and professional. Too bad it's Mac only...

I'm fairly new to production too and I use REAPER, it's really good and only £25 or $40. And then I use free plugins like independence free to sample basses and I use free vst's like tal elek7ro and kore player

they are all daunting to start with, but after a month or 2 things will become a bit easier. FL or Ableton Live are good to start,

actually, if you have a mac and you are TOTALLY new, garageband is a pretty good place to start

sorry just reread that you need pc only

Back
Top Bottom