DnB December 2011 Mix (Best Of 2011 Part 1)

Fallen.GeMiNi

3rd rate banger merchant
VIP Junglist
I did this mix to get into business again, haven't played for more than a month and considering the inside competition upcoming I needed to get my shit back on track. Went little bit too ambitious on some doubledrops, so there are a few mistakes I'm aware of (this was the third attempt to record it, so I can't be bothered anymore), but I hope it won't spoil the listening experience nonetheless.

I tried to keep it variable throughout, so it's not my usual 'one subgenre only' orientated mix. Any feedback is highly appreciated! There's another mix I'm working on, forthcoming very soon, so enjoy :)

Tracklist:

Fallinox - Drift Out [Lifted Music]
Break - Breakfast [RAM]
Matrix - Shelter [Metro-Viper]
Muffler - Can You Feel [Blu Saphir]
Telekinesis - Alienated [Viper]
Muffler - 4 Years [Hospital]
A Sides - Sugar Sweet [Sun And Bass]
Grafix - Devotion [Artist]
Enei & MC DRS - Obsession [Critical]
ArpXp - Winter In Sardinia [Sun And Bass]
Amoss - Footloose [Horizons Music]
Rido - Exoplanet [Obsessions]
Wilkinson - Tonight [RAM]
Ant Miles & Moving Fusion - Illusions [Viper]
Smooth - Micro [Viper VIP]
Delta Heavy - Minus [RAM]
Enei - Movin' Fast [Critical]
Mattix & Futile - Take You Back [Cold Blooded]
IllSkillz & Fourward - Gangsters [Free]
>> Interface - Get Down [Clear Skyz]
Camo & Crooked - Cross The Line (Metrik Remix) [Hospital]
InsideInfo - Honey Bee [Metro-Viper]
The Prototypes - Subterrestrial [Shogun Audio]
Fourward - Robot (InsideInfo Remix) [Subsonik Sound]
Misanthrop - Amboss [Neosignal]
Encode - None [Breed 12 Inches]
>> Gridlok - Dirtball [Project 51 UK]
The Qemists - Take It Back (The Prototypes Remix) [Ninja Tune]
>> Camo & Crooked - Cliffhanger [Viper]
Loadstar - Hit The Ground [RAM]

Fallinox - Drift Out [Lifted Music] - bit of a tune this one. not heard it before.
Break - Breakfast [RAM] - yes yes.. superb blend. loved the switches!
Matrix - Shelter [Metro-Viper] - another nice mix. breakfast did get a lil left behind but not not majorly.
Muffler - Can You Feel [Blu Saphir] - yeah not bad, think i would have prefered the b lines eq'd the other way around tho.
Telekinesis - Alienated [Viper] - its nice, a lot of mid range noises together, sounds hard to distinguish between the 2 at points. be hard to eq them right, maybe have the piano sticking out more than the mid range bass on the other track.
Muffler - 4 Years [Hospital] - cool! fused together really well.
A Sides - Sugar Sweet [Sun And Bass] - went together nice. would have prefered sugar sweet to dominate the mix and have the mid range from 4 years poke through.
Grafix - Devotion [Artist] - wasn't really feeling the blend too much to be honest. the off beat drums stuck out a bit. was a clean mix dont get me wrong but not on par with the quality blends above. personally not a fan of this track either.
Enei & MC DRS - Obsession [Critical] - didn't like the noises on the intro being mixed. but when it dropped it sounded really good. less mid on the previous track, the vocals had trouble poking through. didn't like the bass switch, sounded better with obsessions bass eq'd out. would have finished the mix sooner too before the oooooh vocals overlapped.
ArpXp - Winter In Sardinia [Sun And Bass] - not bad. tad less trebble on obsession and less mid on this tune i think. sounded wicked when the pads stopped giving the vocal more room.
Amoss - Footloose [Horizons Music] - yea nice.
Rido - Exoplanet [Obsessions] - into is sounding nice. drop was cool. liked the switch too, well played. would have had footloose a little lower in the mix so it sat further behind.
Wilkinson - Tonight [RAM] - couldn't hate this tune more (personally) nice mix tho.
Ant Miles & Moving Fusion - Illusions [Viper] - cool
Smooth - Micro [Viper VIP] - not bad
Delta Heavy - Minus [RAM] - fooking wickard! nailed the eq's perfect imo on this.
Enei - Movin' Fast [Critical] - nicley eq'd would have done a bass switch near the end of the mix tho.
Mattix & Futile - Take You Back [Cold Blooded] - cool!
IllSkillz & Fourward - Gangsters [Free] - not bad, bit much for me tho.
>> Interface - Get Down [Clear Skyz] - nice
Camo & Crooked - Cross The Line (Metrik Remix) [Hospital] - wow this track is pure cheese. eq work was cool tho
The Prototypes - Subterrestrial [Shogun Audio] - sounded wicked.
Fourward - Robot (InsideInfo Remix) [Subsonik Sound] - liked the intro over the breakdown. fucking wicked on the drop. really impressed.
Misanthrop - Amboss [Neosignal] - badness!
Encode - None [Breed 12 Inches] - perfect! fucking hell its nice!
>> Gridlok - Dirtball [Project 51 UK] - cool
The Qemists - Take It Back (The Prototypes Remix) [Ninja Tune] - mix was clean. dont like the tune tho.
>> Camo & Crooked - Cliffhanger [Viper] - yeah ok.
Loadstar - Hit The Ground [RAM] - not bad at all!

mix was really cool man. fair few tracks that im not really a fan of, but thats not ur fault. most of the mixes were seriously good mate.
subterestial and robot was mad and breakfast > shelter was so swish!
do more mixes!

Oh man thanks alot! I'm really glad you were feeling the mixes, I put alot of effort into trying to eq it right. That Devotion > Obsession was a fuck up, I intended to bring Obsession one section later so the oooh vocals on Devotion would sat over the non-vocal part of Obsession.

Tracklist looks stellar, Gem. And I always appreciate people teasing Get Down in a mix.

Pon it.

Still Cool to get involved in this?

Although I might have to record mine in. January because of work commitments etc

Fallinox - Drift Out [Lifted Music] - bit of a tune this one. not heard it before.
Break - Breakfast [RAM] - yes yes.. superb blend. loved the switches!
Matrix - Shelter [Metro-Viper] - another nice mix. breakfast did get a lil left behind but not not majorly.
Muffler - Can You Feel [Blu Saphir] - yeah not bad, think i would have prefered the b lines eq'd the other way around tho.
Telekinesis - Alienated [Viper] - its nice, a lot of mid range noises together, sounds hard to distinguish between the 2 at points. be hard to eq them right, maybe have the piano sticking out more than the mid range bass on the other track.
Muffler - 4 Years [Hospital] - cool! fused together really well.
A Sides - Sugar Sweet [Sun And Bass] - went together nice. would have prefered sugar sweet to dominate the mix and have the mid range from 4 years poke through.
Grafix - Devotion [Artist] - wasn't really feeling the blend too much to be honest. the off beat drums stuck out a bit. was a clean mix dont get me wrong but not on par with the quality blends above. personally not a fan of this track either.
Enei & MC DRS - Obsession [Critical] - didn't like the noises on the intro being mixed. but when it dropped it sounded really good. less mid on the previous track, the vocals had trouble poking through. didn't like the bass switch, sounded better with obsessions bass eq'd out. would have finished the mix sooner too before the oooooh vocals overlapped.
ArpXp - Winter In Sardinia [Sun And Bass] - not bad. tad less trebble on obsession and less mid on this tune i think. sounded wicked when the pads stopped giving the vocal more room.
Amoss - Footloose [Horizons Music] - yea nice.
Rido - Exoplanet [Obsessions] - into is sounding nice. drop was cool. liked the switch too, well played. would have had footloose a little lower in the mix so it sat further behind.
Wilkinson - Tonight [RAM] - couldn't hate this tune more (personally) nice mix tho.
Ant Miles & Moving Fusion - Illusions [Viper] - cool
Smooth - Micro [Viper VIP] - not bad
Delta Heavy - Minus [RAM] - fooking wickard! nailed the eq's perfect imo on this.
Enei - Movin' Fast [Critical] - nicley eq'd would have done a bass switch near the end of the mix tho.
Mattix & Futile - Take You Back [Cold Blooded] - cool!
IllSkillz & Fourward - Gangsters [Free] - not bad, bit much for me tho.
>> Interface - Get Down [Clear Skyz] - nice
Camo & Crooked - Cross The Line (Metrik Remix) [Hospital] - wow this track is pure cheese. eq work was cool tho
The Prototypes - Subterrestrial [Shogun Audio] - sounded wicked.
Fourward - Robot (InsideInfo Remix) [Subsonik Sound] - liked the intro over the breakdown. fucking wicked on the drop. really impressed.
Misanthrop - Amboss [Neosignal] - badness!
Encode - None [Breed 12 Inches] - perfect! fucking hell its nice!
>> Gridlok - Dirtball [Project 51 UK] - cool
The Qemists - Take It Back (The Prototypes Remix) [Ninja Tune] - mix was clean. dont like the tune tho.
>> Camo & Crooked - Cliffhanger [Viper] - yeah ok.
Loadstar - Hit The Ground [RAM] - not bad at all!

mix was really cool man. fair few tracks that im not really a fan of, but thats not ur fault. most of the mixes were seriously good mate.
subterestial and robot was mad and breakfast > shelter was so swish!
do more mixes!

loving the deatail of feedback, feel free to do the same for our december 2011 mix, big up!

http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/134698-Sublo-deep-and-dark-December-2011-Mix-Fresh-Tracks-Inside

Tracklist looks stellar, Gem. And I always appreciate people teasing Get Down in a mix.

Pon it.

Nice one HAB, I hope it will live up to your expectations! :)

Looks great mate, will listen and feedback after work mayn!

Thanks mate, second part is in the progress right now, might have enter the competition with that one though, if you don't mind ;)

Still Cool to get involved in this?

Although I might have to record mine in. January because of work commitments etc

Try to ask t345e in the original topic man. Anyways I'm just getting through your mix, gonna feedback soon :)

loving the deatail of feedback, feel free to do the same for our december 2011 mix, big up!

http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/134698-Sublo-deep-and-dark-December-2011-Mix-Fresh-Tracks-Inside

Cheers mate, ask Teddy in the original topic here, I'm sure he's gonna do it for you ;) I'm afraid he might have missed it there :)

Last edited:
I'll give more detailed feedback soon but you killed it, dear sir!

Minus -> Movin' Fast stands out as a huge mix to me, and it was lovely.

Love that Encode tune near the end, as I used it in my vidja-games mix a while back. Stomper, and you mixed it in there really well.

Well done mate - this a great mix, which I really enjoyed listening to! Gonna have to listen again very soon. The mixing is proper tight & transitions are negotiated with skill.

I particularly liked this section of the mix (That first tune is heavy, especially the mix into Breakfast!), although the rest is also wicked:

Break - Breakfast [RAM]

Will check out your other mixes as Im sure I wont be disappointed. Cheers :)

I'll give more detailed feedback soon but you killed it, dear sir!

Minus -> Movin' Fast stands out as a huge mix to me, and it was lovely.

Love that Encode tune near the end, as I used it in my vidja-games mix a while back. Stomper, and you mixed it in there really well.

Thanks, I'm really glad you're digging it! I actually spent a shit-loads of time to find something to mix out of Minus, that slightly funky beat has given me hell so many times :D

And None is in my favourites list since the day one (= when Spor and Chris played it on Lifted Music Podcast), such an energic tune!

Well done mate - this a great mix, which I really enjoyed listening to! Gonna have to listen again very soon. The mixing is proper tight & transitions are negotiated with skill.

I particularly liked this section of the mix (That first tune is heavy, especially the mix into Breakfast!), although the rest is also wicked:

Break - Breakfast [RAM]

Will check out your other mixes as Im sure I wont be disappointed. Cheers :)

Big up man! I saw you have done a fresh mix, tracklist looks hench so I'll give it a spin tomorrow! :)

dont think iv heard a mix from you before, but this was a really intelligent mix thought the mixing was tight but more the selection and actually mixes that amazed me, you know seemed like some of the tune wernt made for each other but the way you mixed um to make them sound well together i thought was really smart, plenty of tunes iv not heard before in there aswell which is always a good thing!

dont think iv heard a mix from you before, but this was a really intelligent mix thought the mixing was tight but more the selection and actually mixes that amazed me, you know seemed like some of the tune wernt made for each other but the way you mixed um to make them sound well together i thought was really smart, plenty of tunes iv not heard before in there aswell which is always a good thing!

Thanks man! Yeah that was kinda my goal, so I'm really glad it worked that way for you! Saw your new mix, gonna give a whirl, looks fine :)

Fallinox - Drift Out [Lifted Music] Dont think you could have picked a more epic intro. Dont know the tune which is always fun.
Break - Breakfast [RAM] Nice nice a roller fitted perfectly after that.
Matrix - Shelter [Metro-Viper] really tight job well done. Wouldve liked some more mids on breaks drums
Muffler - Can You Feel [Blu Saphir] Fits nicely. Not the biggest fan of the tune but like how youve effortlessly changed the vibe
Telekinesis - Alienated [Viper] Hahah you completed smashed through the liquidy tip love it
Muffler - 4 Years [Hospital]Sweet. a really menacing deep blend
A Sides - Sugar Sweet [Sun And Bass] EQ is a bit off. would really underplay mufflers mids in here. overpowers the mix. Is a huge tune tho. Not really heard it before, will be looking up
Grafix - Devotion [Artist]Is okay. Not really on the song but it works.
Enei & MC DRS - Obsession [Critical]liked the lyrics coming in, sat really well. Probs wouldve eq'd devotion out and had a plain dark drop in there
ArpXp - Winter In Sardinia [Sun And Bass]Big mix love it! Real deep and moody. Perhaps mightve put in just a touch more bass to obsession just so the vocals had more depth. Will be playing that one again tho!
Amoss - Footloose [Horizons Music] Yesss footloose is one of my biggys for the year as well. Came in nice, bongos sneaking in and all.
Rido - Exoplanet [Obsessions] that is heavy mate!! Love the funk this added. big big mix
Wilkinson - Tonight [RAM]Ye was ok
Ant Miles & Moving Fusion - Illusions [Viper] Nice nice worked really well. Complemented each other greatly with nice progression
Smooth - Micro [Viper VIP]Not a massive fan of the tune but works well.
Delta Heavy - Minus [RAM]lots of energy round here like it. sounds click perfectly
Enei - Movin' Fast [Critical]Good tune. smoothly executed
Mattix & Futile - Take You Back [Cold Blooded]Bit too messy for me, wud probs go off in the dance tho.
IllSkillz & Fourward - Gangsters [Free]cool mix. really not feeling the vibe tho
>> Interface - Get Down [Clear Skyz]Cool, always a classic
Camo & Crooked - Cross The Line (Metrik Remix) [Hospital]not on this one, only selection wise, mixing is tight.
InsideInfo - Honey Bee [Metro-Viper]EQ is a bit off bringing the last tune out. Makes it feel like too much of volumed down switch.
The Prototypes - Subterrestrial [Shogun Audio]Nasty mix. some hardcore techy vibes
Fourward - Robot (InsideInfo Remix) [Subsonik Sound]Niice and smooth. Cool blend mate. Love the percussion mix
Misanthrop - Amboss [Neosignal]cool cool
Encode - None [Breed 12 Inches]militant mix
>> Gridlok - Dirtball [Project 51 UK]Large mix, the mid sounds complement each other nicely.
The Qemists - Take It Back (The Prototypes Remix) [Ninja Tune]kinda hate the tune if im honest. keeps the energy up and mixes well tho
Wouldnt play past here for some reason!??

Overall was a cool mix g. Takes some skill to switch up and down between such different drums and vibes. Some standout points: breakfast coming in at the start, Winter In Sardinia mixes and rido into footloose. Ur technical skill is top notch and although not all the selection was up my street it all worked fuckin well. Looking forward to anotha one

Overall was a cool mix g. Takes some skill to switch up and down between such different drums and vibes. Some standout points: breakfast coming in at the start, Winter In Sardinia mixes and rido into footloose. Ur technical skill is top notch and although not all the selection was up my street it all worked fuckin well. Looking forward to anotha one

Thanks mate, all this positive feedback means a lot! And yeah, that Cross The Line > Honey Bee transition was too much for me to handle right, I was switching everything on both channels :D Dunno why it wouldn't play past that Take It Back remix though, works fine for me...

Back
Top Bottom