Death Star Canteen

sam the dnb man

Variation
VIP Junglist
i remember when i was little my mum bought me a massive lego thing for my birthday..it was like a castle or summin...she spent all night making it so it would be set up for me when i woke up.
I never got the chance to play it because i was having a party that day and one of my mates smashed it up. Made me cry lol..i was only about 4 or 5 at the time lol.

i feel more sorry for my mum thinking about it now though lol

Greg P

VIP Junglist
I once got a petrol powered plane for christmas, my brother and dad took it out when I was out on Christmas day, it never worked ever again. Engine never even started again...

One day I'll have my revenge, I just need to think up an ironic enough way to serve it up...

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
i remember when i was little my mum bought me a massive lego thing for my birthday..it was like a castle or summin...she spent all night making it so it would be set up for me when i woke up.
I never got the chance to play it because i was having a party that day and one of my mates smashed it up. Made me cry lol..i was only about 4 or 5 at the time lol.

i feel more sorry for my mum thinking about it now though lol
A 4 or 5 year old can't destroy Lego - those bricks are tougher than kids.

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
I like this I do, maybe because I never was allowed lego when I was a kid (mum had a thing about it), but anyway, I digress, enjoy...
No Lego? Probably the best toy in the world as far as brain development is concerned. I've got a mountain of it I'm keeping for my kid. I also used to trade in Lego - bought it in Poland, sent it to the USA for 400% profit. That fuelled some great raves.

Greg P

VIP Junglist
No Lego? Probably the best toy in the world as far as brain development is concerned. I've got a mountain of it I'm keeping for my kid. I also used to trade in Lego - bought it in Poland, sent it to the USA for 400% profit. That fuelled some great raves.
Yeah I know, and she loved all the educational stuff, but just a flat no on the lego...

I think she thought there would be thousands of little tiny lego bricks littering the house, getting in the cupboards, the hoover, the washing machine, the cat...

I don't think she really understood what Lego is, she just didn't like the sound of it from the off.

Make sure your lil' junglist gets all the lego he needs, and, if necessary in later years, meccano. You don't want him turning out embittered like me...

That's a nice business, lego re-selling... it sets my mind racing...

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
I'm going to have a lot of fun with him teaching him with Lego - things like physics, architecture, mechanics, color coding ...

The Lego re-selling business is not as profitable as it was. It crashed during the first dotcom crash - before it loads of thirty year olds had more cash than sense and were looking to play with the toys their parents wouldn't buy.

So Greg you have to make yourself a little kid to play with him.

logikz

I Am Not The King
i got a lego piece stuck in my nose once my mum had to get it out with a needle.
same with chess which about sums up my experience with both if if if you could beleive it. hazardous for children that stuff, i was better off with my vhs tapes

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
It does not surprise me that you were stuffing your nose as a kid.

Greg P

VIP Junglist
Indeed...

Yeah I think I want to make a baby, if only so I can get lego... I think maybe that's what I've been lacking all these years...

Lego that is, not a baby...

Fes Rock

Nothing..........
VIP Junglist
I have 2 star wars Lego sets ive yet to build. saw they had the Milenium Falcon. a 1,200 piece awesome

yea i still like legos