Dear Skrillex...

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by rysk, Oct 4, 2012.

1. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM DRUM AND BASS

dear nero, don't come crying back, you're not wanted anymore

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  2. encounter

encounter Well-Known Member

tbh. it sounds like something metrik, tantrum desire etc. would do but can we please stop having new threads for mediocre tracks that nobody cares of? Post something you really like not just something that comes from a big name! that would be a good start.

3. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

same cheese, lower production values.

just thought the community would like to hear this piece of shit, bitch about it, then go about their normal lives and forgetting this tune even exists.....that bless?

4. OneSeventy

OneSeventy Mohican Sun

It builds up so nicely, then drops so shit. Agree it sounds like Metrik or Tanty Desire, and they're not sounds I would like to see pushed. So yes, fuck off.

5. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

i hate those screeches so fucking much
    here them in loads of wank pop tunes aswell
    how has no one realised they sound shit?

6. charlie131

charlie131 Well-Known Member

I think this comes under who gives a shit, Hating on skrillex is lame now, the guys made it and he aint going anywhere. Not saying I like his tunes, But enough time has passed for people to just let him do what he was..

Think of a positive here, Skrillex makes dnb tune, Fan likes it, searches around for more dnb and finds I dunno Some old dillinja (all hypothetical). I mean when i first started out I was only really into that pendulum/ganja,frontline vibe (just thought I'd say that was 05/06). Then i searched around download and vinyl sites and found some fucking amazing music which completly changed my perspective on dnb.

So haters guna hate but at the end of the day, he got paid and you didnt

7. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

absolutely, i concur. that is one foul ugly and stale like a faulty freezer with 20 kilos of rotten mince and you have to eat it or the iraqui f oster parents will make you sit in the basement for days without water. and its cold, and damp in the night. also, you have hiv.

by the way charles, music is not about 'getting paid' ok. thats not what its about. its art.

8. charlie131

Is to some degree Karl when its your job, I mean Dj Fresh is the best example at the moment, Not making tunes like heavyweight, signal etc. Coz he got millions for doing what he;s doing at the moment.

I understand where your coming from but i would make this sort of stuff if it paid the bills, then just release the deeper stuff under an alias.

This is a straight up club/festival track.

Besides Merica are in the young years of this sort of music compared to the uk... Guess its still in anthem stage....

I could imagine Hype playing this at playaz

9. fuuz3r

fuuz3r KRISTJAN V

sorry to hear that nero has gone so low

10. evermind

evermind Broken Symmetry

It would have worked better in 140 tempo I think, the bro kind of sounds rarely sound good when the tempo goes as fast as 175BPM.

11. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

or just slow down the wobbles.

i like the occasional brofest, but this is a bit over the top imo. and nowhere near tantrum desires or metriks output recently..

12. logikz

yes charles, i see what you mean, but in my opinion, the thing about that, is that making music doesnt quite work that way, i mean you may set out with a concept like make a song thats strickly for the money, a dancefloor tune with simple formulas and all the cheap tricks, nothing artsy whatsoever, dumb it down as much as possbile, but its very difficult to complete a song totally without a piece of yourself in it, somewhere along the line, workmanship pride will inevitably kick in. fresh is doing good because hes a genius, and has managed to do a kind of drum and bass that very commercially accessible, but i dont think he would at all say that he did it just for the money, i think he put a lot of soul into his creation, and backs it 100%.
    my point is its not a good song because somebody got paid, in fact, its usually quite the opposite. music is subjective but i dont think money is any way to measure the quality of a song. as i write this, i realize that pretty much goes without saying really

yogi23 likes this.
  13. flobbydobby

flobbydobby bangin garden of dobbylon

word on the street is skrillex and Nero have read this thread, and have both decided to quit dnb

14. logikz

whats that thing you say again, it was the drop that made the something something pop culture reference, world of warcraft or similar. no wait better make that a music reference, like cold play, chris martin, that should do nicely.

15. charlie131

Karl i can completely understand that logic. Lol play on your name hahah WAT EVA .... to be fair skrillex and nero only make bromance anthems so this is to be expected of them, if they made some sort of marka esq tune people would be agent deep throating them left right and centre, yet were in hte niche of liking deep underground dnb etc. the mainstream doesnt give two flying fucks whether the new phace or foreign concept tune is bad ass..... to us its the best thing since sliced bread, but to the main stream there thinking "needs moar synth"

I've only got into this production thing in the past month so cant comment as much on how well its produced, but this will sell big time, have so many frewnds who would bum this

16. Grade

Grade Active Member

Tbh I thought that Birdy Nam Nam remix he did was pretty good, for what it was. And it probably would've been bigged up on here if it said Insideinfo, Metrik or similar on it instead of Skrillex.

17. logikz

you started producing? cool, hook me up with some tunes when you get going buddy.

18. charlie131

Will do bro, working on a garage thing at the mo... first thing i've ever done, so not the best piece of work but fuck it, its ok for only doing this shizzle for a month............. I guess

19. Voyaging

Voyaging New Member

Getting paid has been a crucial element since the classical period. Mozart, Beethoven, and Bach composed for rulers to get paid. You can even tell which compositions were meant for a pop audience.

Of course it is primarily an art, but musicians need to maintain sustenance as well.

20. Shatner's Bosom

Shatner's Bosom murder TANMUSHIMUSHI

If we stop talking about him he might go away.

Optimistic i know.