Deadmau5 Hates DJ’s

Conrad

In a recent interview, Canadian DJ and Producer Deadmau5 (real name Joel Zimmerman) has explicitly expressed his dislike for the modern DJ.

“It puts me to fucking sleep to be quite honest, I don’t really see the technical merit in playing two songs at the same speed together and it bores me to fucking tears and hopefully with all due respect to the dj type that will fucking go the way of the dinosaur id like them to dis-a-fucking-pear. Joel continued, its so middle man,they’re like fucking lawyers. You need them, but they’re f***ing ****s. God bless them they’re my number one customer right so I’m not gonna go diss every fucking DJ. But to say you become this massive up on a podium performer by playing other peoples productions at the same speed as someone else’s productions and fading between the two of them, I don’t get it.”

Hmmmmm, i can see what he means in a way that everyone thinks they are bad boy musicians just coz they 'DJ' but its a bit of an outlandish statement to make.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is old.

But yeah, he's a complete fucking tool of epic proportions, to be that narrow minded, for someone who is obviously very creative, is beyond twattish.

There was some cunty pics of him flying around aswell, got one of those faces that you just wanna punch.

Top prick.

wat a twat.
does he not realise if the dj didnt get them at the same speed his shitty music would sound even worse!
also wat a complete an utter tool wats he doin here!lol
deadmau5.jpg

Last edited:
lol this is really old news, i read that ages ago

yh he is an arrogant cunt, who is up his ass........
but hes doing really well at what he does, and he doenst care

Dont bite the hand that feeds you sprung 2 mind.. 4 him trying to sell records

He appoliagised for saying what he said, it was probably a publicity stunt... it made everyone listen to his music, now he is a global super star.

DEADGOOSE

Oh well. The regular house DJ actually isn't any better than a winamp playlist with auto blend-over, so I kinda understand where he's coming from.

Im not gunna lie, I am a massive fan of his music. From the interviews and such that ive read he does appear to be abit of a twat however. He's pretty much dominating the house/tech house scene though

If he hates DJ's so much why not make tracks that change in tempo slightly so they become unmixable? Or would that be shooting self in foot?

Idiot, shouldn't bite the hand that feeds.

Not really heard a track by him yet, but my mate said he's good, gonna watch him at creamfields if he doesnt clash with decent dnb/dubstep artist

that whole mouse head thing is stupid and yeah shooting yourself in the foot comes to mined when reading what he said

Back
Top Bottom