De La Hoya Vs Manny Pacquiao?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by duffer, Sep 1, 2008.

1. duffer

duffer Under Mi SensI...........

The mega-bout between Oscar De La Hoya (39-5, 30 KOs) and lightweight Manny Pacquiao (47-3-2, 35 KOs) was officially announced and will be taking place on December 6th in Las Vegas, Nevada. The bout will be at the welterweight limit of 147 lbs

I know there aint many people on here who follow boxing, but for peopel who do what are your thoughts?

This will be a good bout but i realy dont think it should happen,

2. JayHecttech

JayHecttech Member

defo a super fight

i rate both boxers highly but wouldve rather this fight didnt happen as de la hoya is a legend and this fight will destroy his legacy,
    pacquiao is very under rated and will ko de la hoya

3. Blurr

Blurr Wasted Selection

should be a decent fight, and they'll both be up for it otherwise it wouldn't go ahead

watched Calderon defend his super-flyweight title yesterday but just as the fight was getting going Cazares and him clashed heads, and Calderon started pissing blood so they had to stop, massive fucking crater in his head, went to points coz it was in the fourth

not a big follower, i drift in and out of it, but looking forward to khan's fight later this weekend!!

4. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

Man this is a werid fight - both fighting outside of their weight division so it's gonna be a strange fight...

Manny Pacquiao is gonna have to pile on the pounds to make the weight which is gonna slow him right down... Should be quite an interesting one to watch...

5. duffer

They are fighting at 147 i think so manny has to go up a good two or three weights? Manny's got some serious bulking up to do which is going to slow him down. But De La Hoya is a slower than he was before.

DLH is such a good technical boxer which is why i think he might pick manny apart. Manny is a tough fighter though so who knows what will happen. personally i see DLH winning this. He is at a suited weight, height advantage, Technicaly he's tthe better boxer.

Manny deserves alot of respect for this fight whereas DLH i think has bottled it a bit.

He could of fought, williams, margarito, cotto....... and theres talk of mayweather or hatton.

Just thinkt hsi fight is a stepping stone on the way to the above named fighters realy!

Cotto or Margarito vs De La Hoya is what i want to see.
    MAYWEATHER vs De La Hoya will be a sick fight so im hoping they rematch. I want DLH to give Pretty boy floyd a beating!

6. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

Yeah I think DLH will win this one, he's only gotta come down one division from his best weight, so it shouldn't be too much off a drain on his power...

Still though, Manny might surprise us though, speed is the only advantage he has over DLH, but the extra weight is gonna be too much and is gonna slow him...

7. JayHecttech

JayHecttech Member

tbh i think they are all running scared of cotto. ok he lost his last fight but he just wasnt with it that night, on his night cotto is imo the best pound for pound fighter

de la hoya n manny.........
    if de la hoya boxes he wins
    if pacquiao lands his big punch he wins by KO

the major plus point with this fight tho is with golden boy promotions involved ya know it'll be a fair fight and no dodgy judges

the fight id like to see although tbh it'll nvr happen in a million yrs is mayweather jnr vs barrera

8. duffer

Barrera is a quality boxer. Hes slipped a bit recently.

Cotto v Mayweather for me would be a dream fight! I want to see cotto put mayweather on the seat of his pants! Floyd is an amzaing boxer just want to see someone knock that bastard out!

In a battle pacman will hurt de la hoya. But if he doesn't figth right on the inside then DLH will pick hi off all day. Hes got big reach advantage over manny so if he stays on the outside using his jab he can take this home i think!

DLH is so loaded through golden boy! hes worth something like 594 milliion just from his fights and paperview sales. Shit load of money for giving people a beat down!

Someone said there looking forward to Amir Khans fight next weekend? Hes a good boxer but does anyone think if Khan came up against some of the big fighters he will go down easy? He's got a glass chin!

9. JayHecttech

JayHecttech Member

thank fuck, someone else see's it too lol

khan is good but at british level, he aint world class and is just another prince naseem imo and we all know wat happened when naseem fought outside his league against barrera ;)

theres alot of talk about khan vs hatton in may next yr. personally i cnat wait for that fight to happen cos hatton will tear him apart in 5 rounds and expose khan for the fighter he is

10. duffer

That fight would be ridiculous! Hatton catches khan with one big punch and hes hitting the deck! fair enough Khan has good hand speed and can move a bit. but someone like ricky hatton always closing th egap and fighting on the inside he will HURT Amir.

Bernard Hopkins shoudl not be fighting Pavlik either! Did a thread about this! its a joke. Pavlik will hurt the old man big time! i could only see one winner when i read about this fight!

11. JayHecttech

JayHecttech Member

apparently the hatton khan fight will happen in may if the promoter can be agreed.

khan wants frank warren to promote it, hatton has issues with warren, and hatton has his own promotional company now with de la hoya and wants to showcase that

if it happens tho, hatton wins easily ;)

12. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

Christ is that fight really gonna happen, Hatton v Khan?!?!?!?

Khan would get fucking cut in two by the Hitman... There aint that much weight between their ideal divisions but Khan will never have been hit as hard before, there's no way he could go the distance with Hatton, no way...

13. JayHecttech

JayHecttech Member

i pray this fight happens, khan will be well and truely silenced :D

taken from boxing forum........

AMIR KHAN has given the green light to a £50million showdown with Ricky Hatton, booming: Let’s get it on.

‘The Hitman’ revealed in Sport of the World last weekend that he would be willing to face the 2004 Olympic silver medallist.

A fight between the pair next summer would be the biggest in British boxing history and draw a 100,000 crowd to Wembley Stadium.

Hatton, admits his career is coming to an end, but knows a farewell fight against Bolton’s sensation would be an amazing retirement party.

And British boxing’s number one idol hopes he will be risking the IBF light-welterweight title against the young upstart who is unbeaten in 18 contests.

Hatton will attempt to regain his old crown when he faces American Paulie Malignaggi in Las Vegas on November 22.

And Khan, 21, who defends his WBO intercontinental lightweight title against Colombian Breidis Prescott at Manchester’s MEN Arena on September 6 said: “What a fight it would be.

“I've always said I want to move up the weights to light-welterweigh, maybe in 12 months, and if Ricky is still around that fight could be made.

“It would be a massive fight, both of us come from Manchester and it is a fight that people would want to watch.

“It would be one of the biggest British fights ever.”

Potential

The only serious stumbling block concerning Hatton is over who would promote the fight.

Hatton is keen to promote the fight under the banner of his own company, Punch Promotions, in association with Oscar De La Hoya’s Golden Boy Promotions.

And the 29-year-old would insist that Khan’s current promoter Frank Warren is not involved.

Warren promoted Hatton until the pair fell out shortly after the Manchester fighter signalled his arrival as one of the world’s best when he stunned Kostya Tszyu in June 2005.

He has told pals that although he views Khan as a friend, he would fight him “at the drop of a hat”.

Hatton said: “Amir has got bags of potential, but he has a lot of catching up to do. If the fight did happen I’d be up for the challenge.

“And if I could promote it, even better. Amir would get the financial rewards he deserves.”

14. duffer

I dunno if this will happen but if it does im sure to be watching! Think its stupid for Amir to get in there and expect anything else but a beat down! But the money he will make will be mega!

Oh and welcome to the forum JayHecttech dont believe iv'e seen your name on here before :coffee:

15. JayHecttech

JayHecttech Member

cheers m8 :D i been around, but lurking lol

tbh the fights unlikely but with that kinda money being pumped into it can either of them afford to say no

16. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

Yeah for sure Khan would get a fuckin hammering, something I'd love to watch, in fact I think I'd get tickets to this!

But I guess the humiliation of getting such a thorough beating in fron of so many spectators would be worth the millions he would get from the fight...

Still though, even though they're both up for it I can't see it ever actually going down - there's millions of examples like this where both fighters want to have it, but all the other bullshit gets in the way...

I think it's one of those pie in the sky dream fights that we can fantasize about, but then you blink and you missed it - Hatton will be retired within 18 months and the moment will have passed...

17. JayHecttech

JayHecttech Member

frank warrens the only thing stopping the fight.

he'll do with khan just wat he did with naseem, have him fighting mexican roadsweepers for a cpl yrs, then have one massive pay day against a world class fighter, take the cash and run

18. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

Yeah I know, but if Frank Warren is stopping the fight, then the fight aint happening!

19. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

fuck fighting the pacman...that guy is kinda scary lol personally id much rather fight de la hoya..even though hed beat me in 5seconds