DDJ Help

swisstone

I have just gone from years of vinyl mixng to cdj's. Never used them before.
Does anyone have any tips with using them? Very differrnt to vinyl.I have a set of CDJ 800's at the moment and a set of 1000 MK3 on there way.

Thanks for the info. May sound stupid, but is having both tracks BPM essential on digital mixing. So used to doing it all by ear. Everytime I correct seems to be going massively out of time.

Thanks for the info. May sound stupid, but is having both tracks BPM essential on digital mixing. So used to doing it all by ear. Everytime I correct seems to be going massively out of time.

just use your ears mate and you will be fine, I mix vinyl so whenever I mix on CDJ's don't even look at BPM, also I prefer riding the pitch on CDJ's but thats because I fucking hate jogwheels (can never seem to get them right)

All the CDJ mode does is allow you to touch the platter however you want to nudge the speed up and down (no scratch). IMO vinyl mode all the way!

No, I was the same went from vinyl to cdj, so I don't tend to look at the bpm counter at all on the cdj just do it naturally...use both still so mix between vinyl and cd so it's good that way as you have your options open to mix just on cd or add on older tunes with vinyl. cdjs much more sensitive on the pitch but you get used to them :) 1000Mk3 are going to be lovely! sleek

I found to making learning pitch riding easier, i turned off Master Tempo so you can here the track speeding up and slowing down. Once you get a feel for how the slider works, turn that shit back on .

Back
Top Bottom