dc breaks creeper tutorial

I checked this out earlier and it was quite refreshing. His approach to the EXS24 is very interesting with regards to manipulating the default sin wave.

I checked this out earlier and it was quite refreshing. His approach to the EXS24 is very interesting with regards to manipulating the default sin wave.

Icicle does a similar thing in his masterclass vid. No samples in the EXS24 just the sine and some effects on top!

Definitely a neat trick with playing to notes next to each other though, most certainly will be experimenting with that in the future...

This might sound like a stupid question, but how is he playing out his kicks/snares etc in the piano roll? Its like the audio files are as midi, which is probably really neat as you can play the files in diferent notes. Any ideas? Again sorry if this is stupid :cowbell:

---------- Post added at 22:32 ---------- Previous post was at 22:28 ----------

Nevermind just found out its through the ESX24.. Got something to explore tonight :)

This might sound like a stupid question, but how is he playing out his kicks/snares etc in the piano roll? Its like the audio files are as midi, which is probably really neat as you can play the files in diferent notes. Any ideas? Again sorry if this is stupid :cowbell:

---------- Post added at 22:32 ---------- Previous post was at 22:28 ----------

Nevermind just found out its through the ESX24.. Got something to explore tonight :)
Not a stupid question at all friend. He's using the EXS24 sampler as a drum kit by assigning drum samples to certain keys. That way he can use the piano roll like a step sequencer, placing his hit and adjusting velocity and such on the fly. The added bonus is the ability to pitch up/down the hits to make them in tune with the key of the track. Not too essential for kicks, but very necessary for snares.

Sorry I just read the rest of your post as I posted the message.

---------- Post added at 18:53 ---------- Previous post was at 18:51 ----------

Icicle does a similar thing in his masterclass vid. No samples in the EXS24 just the sine and some effects on top!

Definitely a neat trick with playing to notes next to each other though, most certainly will be experimenting with that in the future...

Where can I find that video? I'm interested to see how others are experimenting...

Cheers.

Last edited:
Lol I forgot this topic was here.

You know though i'm kinda tired of hearing/seeing this tutorial by now...

In the past week or two I've seen it pop up 6 or 7+ different times and about half of those times are by DC Breaks!

I dunno if they sincerely just want people to know how they made the tune or if they are doing it to show off and say "hey look what I can do".

Back
Top Bottom