DBNO - Rise of the comedown

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by djnewton, Nov 9, 2012.

1. djnewton

djnewton No comment

2. kdk

kdk Member

The piano has a rich melody. I like the sound (drum loop?) that comes in at :35; perhaps you could make it more pronounced? Or make its buildup more pronounced? I like the vocal clip.

I guess 1:20 or so is the drop? Subtle but nice. The drums are nice and boomy. I'm not sure how the change up 2:20 fits into the song, maybe you could take a few phrases from that section and sprinkle them through the rest of the track? At 3:00 the piano coming back in is good. Abrupt ending; it's a short track, it wouldn't hurt it to breakdown/out the end more. I do like how you chop the vocal off in the middle of a phrase.

3. djnewton

djnewton No comment

thanks. It's a track i started and totally forgot about. I was doing some cleaning of drives. It defo is an abrupt ending, i gonna flesh it out. thanks again

4. nusphere

nusphere Member

Sounds promising, everything except the vocals sound muffled though, especially the main beat, it sound like it's been lowpassed.

5. lasiien

lasiien Meh

Hi NjNweton, I like the intro though I think it needs more variation, once the drums kick in I agree with nusphere it all sounds a bit muffled (you really can't hear the high end much at all)

6. djnewton

djnewton No comment

mmm. i guess i'll try bring it out more. who know maybe i was going mental and did put lowpass filter on something. cheers guys

7. djnewton

djnewton No comment

Hey all, I have looked back at the track. Seems I had effectively low passed with a EQ. I have taken it up. I think maybe its too harsh now on the high end. Any thoughts?

8. nusphere

nusphere Member

Sounds better