DnB DBNO - All day long

I like the piano parts, and the bass writing is nice. The snare has something really strange going on though; it's like you have a really resonant LP filter on it way up in the spectrum that's making it super piercing and distorted sounding... I'd definitely take a look at that, something is going way wrong there. Some of the levels seem a little weird too; subbass could come up slightly, the lead synth should probably be a little quieter, it's really poking out of the mix right now, IMO. Those are easy fixes though. I really like the track overall, just needs some details to be cleaned up. Kind of has similar vibes as the vocal tracks in DJ Dara's Future Perfect Mix (used to rinse the hell out of that album when I was in high school, haha).

thanks as always mixing on the headphones isn't great. snare wise think i have a huge peak on it around 5k think thats what it is. my headphones its sounds ok but just played it trough the system downstairs and know exactly what you mean.

I also liked the samples; I really enjoyed how you cut them up and mixed them. The drums had a really nice speed and energy, but seemed a bit loose; gating and/or enveloping can help tighten them up. I really liked the retro lead (?) synth; I do also wonder if it could use some EQ'ing to sit better. Also, I don't have monitor speakers, but isn't there some frequency room right above your bass? The violins (?) in the breakdown and after were great but too faint. I agree about the sub.

I also agree that it's a great track. Between the sample and the retro synth parts it's very retro, in an engaging way.

Thanks kdk. I'll look at soe EQ on the synth it might just be a problem with the levels. Hard to tell on my headphones, they are very bass bias. That also explains the room above the bass. Its hard to judge, i'm always on the cautious side. Thanks for listening

Back
Top Bottom