DAWWWWS!

Phat_Sam

VIP Junglist
Ok... I used to use FL Studio 7 XXL but then I got Reason 4 last christmas.

Loving Reason at the moment but I absolutely hate the 'no audio in the DAW' policy that it's got goin on.

The fuck is that?!

Would anyone recommend getting Cubase 5 or Logic Pro at all? I LOVED the fact that I could use VSTs and audio clips in FL but I really didnt like the workflow in terms of synths and there was something about it that made every sample i made sound a bit crtoony as opposed to gritty.

Any body know what I mean?

AAAAANYWAY.... Cubase or Logic?

Or should I not use either and stick with Reason?

haha. already checked that out. didnt like the look of it.

wat?

I'm guessing you use a pc since you've used FL and Reason. So unless I've missed something big from Apple's part, you cant get Logic for a PC which will make getting it a £1000 costier. I'd recommend you get reaper for free and see how you like that "real" sequencing. Then either buy it or go Cubase. You can also route reason into any modern daw with rewire or what was it. FL can do that too.

no, guys really, cubase and logic got nothing on reaper. perhaps they look a tad bit better, but thats all. reaper's sound engine is on par if not better, plug ins are more than usable, and editing is improving at a great pace.
furthermore, i find the navigation and layout of reaper much more effective than cubase, dont have much experience with logic on this so cant comment.
really, i have been a cubase die hard for a long time, but im swiftly converting to reaper. so if you just going into audio multi tracks, you'd be mad to knock reaper off just cause of the hyped, overpriced, and underdeveloped dinosaurs that are logic and cubase

/rant

yeh re-wire is win.

i rewire buzz into FL and i think it is to live-wire FL into buzz for live shows (although you need a beast machine).

If you are really fussy about your sound monitoring and graphic EQ work - cubase

If you are really fussy about great sound generation quality - jeskola buzz (open source & free). never used reason, but apparently its got strong synths too.

If you want best of both - Re-wire ftw

It doesn't matter with what you work, it's about wat you make with it.
But hey guys, I'm hearing a lot of stuff about this Reaper, does it has rewire?

I used to use FL Studio but now Cubase 5 took me about a week to get used to it, probably still finding stuff out now. I love cubase now anyway never checked out repear tbh

in FL I really didnt like the workflow in terms of synths and there was something about it that made every sample i made sound a bit crtoony as opposed to gritty.

Any body know what I mean?

i know exctly what you mean! thats why i switched to Ableton, amzing workflow and seriously powerful audio manipulation not to mention excellent VST bizz...

fuck logic or cubase, but at the end of the day its what YOU like, not what i like ;)

i know exctly what you mean! thats why i switched to Ableton, amzing workflow and seriously powerful audio manipulation not to mention excellent VST bizz...

fuck logic or cubase, but at the end of the day its what YOU like, not what i like ;)

haha. thanks richie. yeah. good job someone seems to know what i mean. FL just makes everything seem far too 'nice'

Have you looked at Record? Reason integrates seamlessly with it.

http://www.propellerheads.se/products/record/

I've got a copy on the way. Can't wait to integrate audio.

Yeah I was lookin at getting that. I've also got a mate who works for propellorhead tht could get me a real copy on the sly.

yeh re-wire is win.

i rewire buzz into FL and i think it is to live-wire FL into buzz for live shows (although you need a beast machine).

If you are really fussy about your sound monitoring and graphic EQ work - cubase

If you are really fussy about great sound generation quality - jeskola buzz (open source & free). never used reason, but apparently its got strong synths too.

If you want best of both - Re-wire ftw

This is kinda why i wanted to get cubase or logic... the rewire potential.

Back
Top Bottom