Drumstep Dawnveil - Xross

the snare needs to be replaced and drums lack impact; conflicting with the bass. your melody is a bit too off for comfort at the start :> besides that, the synth is really nice and there's good ideas in there. just a tad chaotic.

the snare needs to be replaced and drums lack impact; conflicting with the bass. your melody is a bit too off for comfort at the start :> besides that, the synth is really nice and there's good ideas in there. just a tad chaotic.

Thanks for your feedback! :) Well, I spend most of the time trying to mix up and master the sounds to sound clearly, Its really hard for me to do so. I lack the skills to do that, and even if I got myself to the part where it sounds ok-ish for me, after like 2-3 listening it sounds so awful again lol :/
But I can tell, I improved alot since my first projects I have started which is nice for me :D
I'll take your advice and I will mess up with EQ for snares, drums,kicks for even more.

ps. Sorry for my bad English, I shouldn't have skipped english lessons :(

Hey Dawnveil!

Man, when people told you dissonance can be a great thing on music, you really took it to the letter, huh? The intro is quite dissonant, I'd make it a bit more ear friendly. But that's MY opinion, right? As said by Norax, the bass and the kick are clashing. Also, the snare needs some more punch, so i'd layer a punchier snare under the one (or ones) you have.

The bass is too "in your face" to my taste, it took away the energy of the other instruments. Keep going, man! You'll make it excelent only through hard work.

I like the weird melodies and the madness of the whole track but you made it difficult to listen to because of the mix, which is awful. The bass sound is cool but it's eating everything around it and the kick, snare and hi hats sound too weak for or a drumstep-dnb track or even it's some experimental form of music.

EVen tho, there's some raw and fresh sounds there.

The beginning for w/e reason reminds me of some of Adventure Time's music...which can be decent. I agree w/ everyone on the bass and kick cutting into each other and the snare...I think the snare's a bit muddy but that could be fixed w/ layering just enough top end to it. The bass is really busy in the mid range, like some of Noisa's stuff taken to an extreme.

The thematic composition for the beat, tho, I do quite like that. The cheeriness of the synth lead and the structure and key of the bass creates, like DarkYsidro was saying, a nice dichotomy. If you can clarify the elements in the track as a whole we'd be able to appreciate what's here much more effortlessly so good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom