• One of the dudes from AI

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Your mom

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Dave Benson Phillips

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
You say that, and yet Integral are doing it again
“We’re excited to present the first single from Tatora – a new pseudonym from one of the scene’s most forward thinking producers. Set to create more waves, this new sound and identity explores ethereal vocals that wonderfully distort through uplifting frequencies and mystic soundscapes that radiate big presence in their exquisitely liquid sound.”

I know that members of the forum have closed the book on this topic, but hear me out.

Mohican Sun had a tune released called "Darkest Hour" back in 2019. The track was also released on the UKF10 compilation. Now, on the UKF10 compilation version, as always, the writing credits are just to "M.Sun" however, on the "Darkest Hour [UKF10] single" version the writing credits are to three individuals, they are:
Christian "Kalla" Crada
Francesca Bergami (aka Lyves)
Shahrooz Raoofi

and then it says produced by Mohican Sun (I've been sitting on this theory for months and months and only recently has the tune had Mohican Sun added to the "Produced by" column. You'll have to take my word for that though).

"Lyves" released a track 5 years ago through their Soundcloud appropriately titled "Darkest Hour" ( ) and it's almost as though the Mohican Sun version of Darkest Hour is actually a remix (I use the term remix loosely as it seems like some drums have been added). The track by "Lyves" was produced by Kalla and mixed by Shahrooz Raoofi.

Shahrooz Raoofi and Kalla are artists who have released music of varying dance genres but never any DnB in their own names. Could Shahrooz Raoofi or Kalla (or both) be using the Mohican Sun name to release DnB? Could it be that they decided to create a DnB version of the track as they had already mixed a version of Darkest Hour in a different genre?

For whatever reason, UKF gave writing credits the to the three aforementioned individuals on the "Darkest Hour [UKF10]" and not Mohican Sun despite that fact the Mohican Sun (whoever they may be) has somewhat remixed the tune by "Lyves". The "Lyves" tune was released on Soundcloud 2/3 years before we heard Mohican Sun's "Darkest Hour" and we all are aware of how long it takes to get a tune released (probably about that long).

Hope you enjoy the read! What are you thoughts? Has UKF completely dropped the ball and revealed part of the secret behind Mohican Sun and also, how has this not been spotted before? This is the only Mohican Sun or Dawn Wall track I can find where anyone outside of them has got a writing credit, surely it can't just be an accident and why is there not any continuity in the writing credits given by UKF on two versions of the same tune both released by UKF...?

Please, continue to make up your own minds but I've personally never truly been convinced by the argument that Dawn Wall and Mohican Sun are artists that we already all know of. I'm definitely sceptical of it being Dave Benson-Phillips though.

(UKF10 compilation with no writing credits to anyone but M.Sun)

(Darkest Hour [UKF10] single with writing credits to three artists)

(Right click on the tracks and do "View Credits")

as always, the writing credits are just to "M.Sun" however, on the "Darkest Hour [UKF10] single" version the writing credits are to three individuals, they are:
Christian "Kalla" Crada
Francesca Bergami (aka Lyves)
Shahrooz Raoofi

"Lyves" released a track 5 years ago through their Soundcloud appropriately titled "Darkest Hour" ( ) and it's almost as though the Mohican Sun version of Darkest Hour is actually a remix (I use the term remix loosely as it seems like some drums have been added). The track by "Lyves" was produced by Kalla and mixed by Shahrooz Raoofi.

This is pretty interesting but I think you're overcomplicating it. The Mohican Sun tune is basically a bootleg of the Lyves tune. The reason those 3 people are credited is because they wrote the Lyves tune. Actually Lyves wrote it, Kalla and Lyves produced it, ands Raoofi mixed it. Kalla and Raoofi shouldn't even have a writing credit so those credits are clearly wrong. I don't think this means anything as far as the identity of Mohican Sun. It just means they were somehow able to release a bootleg as their own tune but they had to credit the people involved with the original for royalty purposes.

This is pretty interesting but I think you're overcomplicating it. The Mohican Sun tune is basically a bootleg of the Lyves tune. The reason those 3 people are credited is because they wrote the Lyves tune. Actually Lyves wrote it, Kalla and Lyves produced it, ands Raoofi mixed it. Kalla and Raoofi shouldn't even have a writing credit so those credits are clearly wrong. I don't think this means anything as far as the identity of Mohican Sun. It just means they were somehow able to release a bootleg as their own tune but they had to credit the people involved with the original for royalty purposes.

I take your point but if that was the case why are they only credited on one version of the track and not the other, surely if someone is owed a credit then they get it on all versions of the tune? I wondered whether they had previously made this tune for Lyves and decided to put their Mohican Sun twist on it (if they were involved with M.S of course). There are lots of tracks made by Dawn Wall and Mohican Sun that contain lyrics but never does anyone get a credit, I thought that it was odd that this was an exception to that.

But hey! thanks for the reply and I understand your view but I'm not 100% convinced still hahaha! Maybe I should dive into the Dm's of Lyves, Raoofi and Kalla and see what the arrangement is 😆

if that was the case why are they only credited on one version of the track and not the other, surely if someone is owed a credit then they get it on all versions of the tune?

Credits get messed up all of the time. It's on the label to correctly credit each artist and sometimes people put incorrect info. I think the fact that Kalla and Raoofi are credited as songwriters prove this.

I just feel like it would be too obvious if Mohican Sun was Lyves and these other guys. If you're trying to keep your identity a secret why would you release a dnb remix of your own tune?

I thought we'd already ascertained that Dawn Wall & Mohican Sun are just alias's for their individual colabs with other producers?

Back
Top Bottom