Dave - Mermaid (Clip)

nice jazzy intro, beat rolls well. Got good drum fills in all the right places too mate. Nice vocal hits, followed by nice atmospheric pads....I'm liking so far.

Ooooh....That bass sits so well, proper mellow liquid vibe.

Really good vibe you got going here if I'm honest. Would've liked to hear a few different variations of that funky guitar sound, that one same riff gets a little repetative.

Overall tho it's a great funky little number

crisp punchy start..feeling it so far.
bit of starsky and hutch funk guitar goin on aswell lol

vocal is nice, bit too much reverb for me though, n thats a smooth drop man..real chill out liquid vibes.
a bit of variation in terms of the tune and drum patterns wouldnt go amiss and would keep it lively.

good work tho man!

to Mr Fletch:

Thx m8

really appreciate your comment,
awesome analysis of my track,
thx again,

for the guitar yeah,
you're right!

but it's just a cutted sample, the rest was unusable :(

to devz:

thx man,
yes, maybe too much reverb, i'll try to reduce it,

YO!

Last edited:
Yeah dude you got some good stuff, just been listening to some of your other bits. Started following you on the cloud now.

What I was saying before about the guitar, maybe you should see if there are some similar samples around that you can just use one or two hits out of every now and then, just to add a little variation.

Yeah i noted,
i'm your follower too,
listened some of your tracks...very nice groove,

For the guitar i've to found some good pack of "wah wah" :D

YO

love that funk guitar, really puts the funk in liquid funk :)

would like to hear something rolling up the mid range through that intro to sit between the pad and the drums?? dunno what though, all the elements go great together so far vocal bit sounds great...

this is a wicked production mate. very clean. sick.

to:luciduk
"would like to hear something rolling up the mid range through that intro to sit between the pad and the drums??"

Maybe the same pad but differently equalized (just covering a bit more the mid frequencies)

Anyway, Yo, thx for feedback ;)

p.s. are u on extent vip recordings?
http://soundcloud.com/extentviprecordings/luciduk-ink-spill-extvipglp001

yeah man thats me :)

i would (personally) use a different synth stab or something with a simple offbeat melody obviously lower notes and soft velocity just to give it more texture, although yeah you could try that with the pad as well :) that is just me personally

Woah, really nice intro, drop is good, I love that guitar sample doesn't get repetitive for me at all ;D I normally don't like that chillout/liquid stuff, but what all of you guys are showing me on this forum is amazing. :)
Keep up the good work!

Back
Top Bottom