DARTS

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Toejam, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Toejam

Toejam OOOBEY DOOBEY

Just been watching it on the beeb today, love it

Been meaning to go to the lakeside to watch it for years now, nowt better than getting tanked up on beer all day and eating chicken 'n' chips in a basket whilst watching two fat blokes chuck pointy things at a round board.

Used to play it alot in the pub i used to live in, played for the team a few times but playing away was a proper rough time, once played in a pub that would let tramps hang around inside with there white lightning (very odd) it was so off putting trying to throw arrows with a tramp standing near you who smells like hes recently shit himself and also puts you off the free grub they offer you after the match.

My highest score is 177, never hit a 180 tho

points for show, doubles for dough

2. alz

alz compress to impress

The only thing worse than playing darts is watching darts, i honestly don't understand people that would sit around and use that as a source of entertainment, especially with better things out there like, not watching darts.

3. DamageCase7

DamageCase7 Better off dead.

I'm shit at darts and snooker.....But I could watch them for hours on end.

I'd like to go to a darts competition soon, tart-up and drink-up. Brilliant.

4. Textbook

Textbook BUTTER

cant stand it really. dont mind playing it, hate watching it.

5. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

im shit at darts ..

once tho, with Dan M . i was pissed out my face, drinking all afternoon in the kings head pub,

a couple lads i know was playing darts, i grabbed them off him , said ' this is how its done mate' .. and quickly threw each dart one after the other and they all went in treble 20 ..

scored my 180 then just laughed and walked off to the bar to get another pint, leaving my two mates .. like .. wtf ?? .. how did he do that.

scored 180 approx 5-8 times.

i can play really shit, then i can play really good. same with pool.
    if i focus my mind and block everything out and just focus so fuckin hard i can usually surprise myself

6. Toejam

Toejam OOOBEY DOOBEY

You know right, i used to come home to the pub and not be abled to go upstairs cos my mum and stepdad were resting till the pub re-opened, so between 5-7 i'd be stuck in an empty pub with a shitty tv and a darts board for entertainment, id throw darts all that time and be the fucking don.

But later that night when the pub was busy i would challenge peeps to a game or two, sometimes for cash and all that practice goes outta the window, amazing how the mindset is key to play these types of games, and the right level of alcohol too

7. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

Love playing snooker/pool and darts. Cant stand watching it, would hate to watch it live :-/

8. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

Never threw a dart in my life until around last april, and I must say, I'm getting quite a taste for it. There's a couple of local foreign-owned bars around here that do darts and pool tournaments, I've been playing pool for years, and darts finally caught my attention.
    Highest score I've had was 122.

9. dnbkingz

dnbkingz bollocks

has o'shea played yet?
    Completely forgot about the darts today.

10. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

i've played since i was about 5. always had a board in my bedroom when i was at my mums. i'm not brilliant. never hit 180. but nailed 160 before. i used to play for cash at a job i worked the other year, hustled the whole telesales team. i made more off darts on my dinner than i did in commission for the week.

not played for a while now but i do go for a game now and again with my old man, don't mind watchin either. all about Tony 'The Silverback' O'Shea.

Step up to the oche.

11. Con

Con Others call me Phraze

Hopefully getting tickets to the semi's at lakeside this year!.. cannot wait to get mullered dancing on the table to the half time song... OI OI OI

12. spiderfran286

spiderfran286 "Yes, squid pro roe..."

darts on tv is one of the funnest live sports...

chanting, drinking, holding up daft signs. its all part of the fun.
    remember when Sky gave the fans wipe-clean boards to write stuff on. ppl kept writing "wanker" n stuff like that. now they have sum1 watching the crowd to make sure they don't hold anything offensive up

13. ThomasVermaelen

ThomasVermaelen AFC

Used to play darts alot, but not as much now, hit a fair few 180s. 24gram golden virgin 2 darts i use. There sick. Not really a fan of BDO, all about PDC, but i watch them both. Taylor will win the final tonight, he's to good, as much i dislike him

14. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

a gentleman's sport thats i suck at but love to play

15. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

went to the darts last year with aload of blokes, was quality. big 3 day piss up .. breakfast beer, stumble down to a a bar serving fry ups all day, then back on the ale all day .. met fair few of the top boys ..

heres me photobombing a group picture with Ted Hanky ..

[​IMG]

16. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

Went to Lakeside for the weekend in 1998, it was fucking awesome, pricey as hell though...

Saw alot of bid vibes, which i'm told is abnormal, the Dutch were behaving worse than the English!

Saw a bunch of Orange shirted people get ejected on the 1st night, GUTTED!

I really wasn't into Darts at all at the time, but it kind of sparked off my appreciation for it, watch it on the box every year, haven't caught a single throw yet though this year, been out n about alot, but have it all stored on the old Sky+ ready to comfort me through this 1st depressive week back at work...

17. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

Hang on a minute, why did you go for the 19s?

I'm completely useless at darts, never hit a double in my life. Even this one guy down the pub Streaky Lee beats me everytime and he gets his head shaved once a month so he can have a brainscan.

Is it a right handed sport or am i just useless.

18. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

Like darts n billard but suck at playing em..would never watch it tho.

19. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

exactly what i thought. lucky miss :teeth:

20. Toejam

Toejam OOOBEY DOOBEY

Haha, my score was 179, not quite paying attention at the time so i went for the 20's, first 2 darts go into the treble 20 beds, then i realised if i got my first ever 180 it would make me bust, so i cooly go for a single 19, and kinda accidentally hit the treble bed, thus leaving me on the dreaded double 1, i lost btw