Darkstep... Neomind - Feedback apreciated - Xenon

(just to let you know, the link doesn't work I had to find through your profile)

Sounds ok
Maybe some filtering on that main synth would work well
I found that a few bars before the drop it got a bit to trancy
Some EQing would go down nicely, give each synth its own space in the mix

Not really my style up until the drop at 1:30 - that's where it hit the spot. Good stuff. However, i think "H8" is way better.

(just to let you know, the link doesn't work I had to find through your profile)

Sounds ok
Maybe some filtering on that main synth would work well
I found that a few bars before the drop it got a bit to trancy
Some EQing would go down nicely, give each synth its own space in the mix

I too had this in mind. Equalizing the synths to give each one his own space, but when you do that, you're getting rids of freqs you already want in the mix.
so, decided to lower the volume of the starting synth so the "trancy" synth has more room.
I don't like the typical filtered reese that goes like noisia style hah but yes, it may fit ;)

Thinking on reworking a bit more this tune, but i'm just letting my ears breath from this tune away, there are some errors I'm letting pass because of hearing it too much.

Not really my style up until the drop at 1:30 - that's where it hit the spot. Good stuff. However, i think "H8" is way better.

hm, as own opinion I like Xenon more but, yes people tend to like H8 a bit more and it may gets signed, there are 2 labels on the way so the one who replys back first gets it! haha

try and at get hold of an EQ that has an spectrum analyzer, this way you can see where stuffs hitting.
for example, with a kick and bassline maybe, kicks hittin at 100hz then you can just drop 100hz on the bassline, (dont have to cut it though always...just a small amount can useally help alot) and itll punch through much nicer...same with synths.

sorry if you already knew all this by the way.

try and at get hold of an EQ that has an spectrum analyzer, this way you can see where stuffs hitting.
for example, with a kick and bassline maybe, kicks hittin at 100hz then you can just drop 100hz on the bassline, (dont have to cut it though always...just a small amount can useally help alot) and itll punch through much nicer...same with synths.

sorry if you already knew all this by the way.

I already knew that, but this would fit to anyone who didn't know it, so thanks in any way and form. Someone will apreciate it and I already do ;)
In adding to your reply:
You would cut frequencies if you want more room for the bass or the kick, which is something in darkstep is something you don't want actually.
You already (if you like the style of rapid kicks and snares) want the bass and the kick to overlap and make these frequencies even higher so the song has a more gritty and punchy sound.
An example of this is that in the minute 2.24 the kicks do like appear much more, but that's just because I vocoded the drums into another layer of the reese.
I will try and have things more separate in some time, when I "finish" the tune I'm working on now...

Thanks for the feedback =)

I already knew that, but this would fit to anyone who didn't know it, so thanks in any way and form. Someone will apreciate it and I already do ;)
In adding to your reply:
You would cut frequencies if you want more room for the bass or the kick, which is something in darkstep is something you don't want actually.
You already (if you like the style of rapid kicks and snares) want the bass and the kick to overlap and make these frequencies even higher so the song has a more gritty and punchy sound.
An example of this is that in the minute 2.24 the kicks do like appear much more, but that's just because I vocoded the drums into another layer of the reese.
I will try and have things more separate in some time, when I "finish" the tune I'm working on now...

Thanks for the feedback =)

Cool, i only mentioned this because i remember when i was first told the basics of EQing and was amazed of how effective it was.
I wasn't claiming to be a pro on the subject, in fact if im honest i know shit all...but hey.

check some of my tunes,
www.soundcloud.com/randompickle

Cool, i only mentioned this because i remember when i was first told the basics of EQing and was amazed of how effective it was.
I wasn't claiming to be a pro on the subject, in fact if im honest i know shit all...but hey.

check some of my tunes,
www.soundcloud.com/randompickle

not gonna listen now, because I just came from DNB(shitty) partying and I'm drunk ;) hahaha
but trust me I will tomorrow :)
cheers

Back
Top Bottom