Drum & Bass DARKSTEP - 2nd time :] [preview]

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by `ry4ndnb, Jan 9, 2013.

1. `ry4ndnb

`ry4ndnb Member

Expecting any comments/critic :>

2. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

The intro sample needs work, it's kind of intelligible, listen to tunes you like and note down with pen and paper the various elements that make up the tunes' progression, snare is dominating everything, put in time on the mixdown, rinse and repeat.

3. `ry4ndnb

`ry4ndnb Member

"The intro sample needs work, it's kind of intelligible", sorry, but I don`t understand.. what`s wrong with it ? For snare: shorting the release will make this ok?

4. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

The vocal bit in the intro is hard to make out, it's really muddy and you can't hear what's being said.

You've got to work it out yourself mate - experiment, tweak knobs, and see what happens.

5. `ry4ndnb

`ry4ndnb Member

Huh, it can be a little problem with this.. First, I took vocal from Cry Of Fear game - In that game many sounds (especially soundtrack and background noises) are detuned/distorted and they has sometimes a white noise. I only reduced the noise background, but I thought the dialog is hearable. I`m gonna take care of this :>

6. hughhardiemusic

hughhardiemusic Member

I like the snare sound, but yea shorten the release, or quieten the release, its taking up to much space in the mix...especially since in dnb the snare plays so frequently