DnB Dark roller, sub bass - "Booked for Murder"

Big bass, drums compliment that. Good vocal samples and chops. I like the timbale you put in there too, or bongos. Whatever they are. It's definitely a great mix, the only thing is sometimes the bass gets a little in the way of the kick so try to fine tune your peak if you can, if you can't no big deal, personally I think it adds to the mix.

cheers guys! haven't fully mastered it yet, just did a quick job to get the levels right but i'll work on it. glad you like it.

edit: btw, quick tip, i've spent ages trying to make proper punchy drums, layering them, etc. but it seems the best way to get the sound in this tune is with just 1 kick and 1 snare, digital distortion, take away the bass, add compression and then use EQ to add shit-loads of bass. first time i've used this technique for a beat (minus hats), worth experimenting with though.

Last edited:
cheers guys! haven't fully mastered it yet, just did a quick job to get the levels right but i'll work on it. glad you like it.

edit: btw, quick tip, i've spent ages trying to make proper punchy drums, layering them, etc. but it seems the best way to get the sound in this tune is with just 1 kick and 1 snare, digital distortion, take away the bass, add compression and then use EQ to add shit-loads of bass. first time i've used this technique for a beat (minus hats), worth experimenting with though.

?? unless you know how to tune your drums in which case layering is common practice? it wouldnt hurt to have layerd the snare in this tune i think.. (sorry to sound liek a dick i just wouldnt start teaching people to NOT layer their drums, when its such a commonly used skill to have in drum and bass)

you could do with some HP bass or some distorted bass over the top in this, when i first listened i had to touch my monitors to feel the bass notes out because they werent fully audible to me at the low freq they are at but it happens with some bass notes haha

Last edited:
I was just saying what I'd done in this tune, not recommending it as a general technique to be used all the time.

I'll see what I can add to this when I have some free time. Cheers for everyone's feedback.

Back
Top Bottom