Drum & Bass Dark / partly halftime mini mix

Discussion in 'Members Mixes' started by demblues, Oct 20, 2012.

1. demblues

demblues New Member

Accidentally posted this in the wrong forum earlier, oops. Any criticism welcome,

http://soundcloud.com/youngchris-1/october-mini-mix

I made the mix as a potential little bit to maybe send out to some of smaller nights around where I live, hence posting on here to get some feedback. I've tried to make sure the vibe is experimental but retaining funk. It was recorded on a cdj800mk2, a Numark axis 4 as my other 800 is broken, and a 3 channel gemini.

tracklist:

instra:mental - sakura
    photek - ni ten ichi ryu (two swords technique)
    spinline - sundays (stray remix)
    hybris - ender
    ebk - the flock
    rockwell & alix perez - ball bag
    method one - foundry dub
    indigo - symbol #7.1

ta

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  2. Danny_Intro

Danny_Intro Well-Known Member

This mix is a beast !! I feel if you put more about the mix, ie. why you made it, what you mix with etc and made this look for welcoming you might get more listens.. I found the mix really interesting as only knew acouple of the tracks, and although i dont play alot of this stuff myself, when its mixed right i fucking love it
    I thought it was fairly seamless in the sense the mixes were that tight and eqing was correct so never really knew where on was starting and the other ended
    couple of tunes in there il have to purchase, bigups will look out for the next one

3. demblues

demblues New Member

Thanks man! definitely more coming. And cheers for the tip, i've edited it now