[Dark Neuro] V One - Stroba

Your sound design is pretty good... bass is especially nice.
I like the chord changes too, they just add a little more atmosphere and interest.
Maybe the drums are a bit dominating? I feel like more bass and less drums might be a good idea. It doesn't help that they're both doing really similar rhythms, maybe would sound better if the bass didn't coincide with the kick as often.
If it were me, i'd make the hi-hats just play straight quavers, I think it would be a nice variation on the groove some of the time.
You've got lots of variation in there, but it's mostly created by bringing the different loops in and out, and I think it would be improved by varying the individual parts more, especially at the beginning.
All this is just my opinion btw... feel free to tell me I'm chatting shit. :D

This is so good. I can see what smoothassilk means when he says the drums are dominating. I don't know if that's entirely a bad thing though. They sound a little muddy, seems like they could be a bit punchier. Maybe you just need to introduce a little bit of movement between the rhythm/sound effects. Regardless, it's nice and dark and I like where it's going.

yeah this is dark and heavy, i like it :)

i feel its missing a little something though, maybe a new sound every now and then, or play a higher note on the synth sometimes?

Ty very much at all.. Imo i like how the drums work and the dark feel i've created.. However Every time i learn something new.. I think i need to learn how to design a good lead now!

Nice elements and ideas. Personally I think the drums don't allow the groove of the track to flow as well as it could but it's down to taste I guess!

nice tune buddy, i like the effects going on and the variations in the beat makes it feel quite fresh. I think you could probably do with adding a bit more punch to the drums though as they sound a little flat to me.

Back
Top Bottom