Dark, Minimal drum and bass

WezHed

Ello everyone,

was hoping you lot could give me a shove in the right direction. Looking for producers and tracks similar to data, i'm really into that dark minimal sound at the moment. the darker the better, i like my music evil haha. Data - Splice is an example of the sort of thing i'm looking for.

Cheers all.

to start with i recommend enei, jubei, alix perez, all are great at this,

not sure if this is the kind of stuff u want tho, might not be minimal enough

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out my mix series Here, and in particular April's mix.

Track wise:
Reza - Cannibalism
Reza - Phantom
They Live - Cancel Standard
Genotype - Call Drop
Morphy - Backpack

Also check out Loxy's CX podcast series for some seriously dark, downtempo vibes Here (tracklists can be found floating around the net)

Sabre, Stray, Amoss, Pessimist, Halogenix, June Miller, Blocks & Escher, Dub Phizix.

That should get you started anyway.

Dub Phizix & Skeptical - The Enemy
ST Files & Calibre - Falling Down
Commix - Belleview
Lynx - Playskool
Rockwell - Rekohu Sunrise
Alix Perez - The Cut Deepens
Need For Mirrors - D.F.T.F.
Enei - Obsession

The Sinuous Album has some good dark minimal tracks as does "Rise of the Underdogs" and "Way of the Samurai 2 - Code of Hornour" Enei's new album has a couple of choice cuts and Cern, Amoss and Icicle have all released some dark as night tunes without sounding to techy. There's a fine line between some minimal and tech (imo) so you gotta spend time listening to all future purchases. I have 3 crates on Serato for Tech, Minimal and a combination of both. New 4 tracker on Metalheadz has 2 choice choons to add to your minimal sets.

Back
Top Bottom