DnB Dark Light (WIP) Liquid Drum and Bass

link is broken, also the moar feeedback u give to other people the moar you get in return. spread the love around mate!

Drums need more work bro... the build up is really good, all the sounds finally come together but the drop just doesn't have the same impact - the kick/snare are too quiet and could do with some beefing. Also, to make the intro even better I would add a few more 'low' elements.. some low end pads with chord progression, I can see theres already a hint of this stuff trying to creep through so you are on the right track. My only other advice is to think about the structure, the main section is too short after that long build up.

I really like the elements in the track though, all the trancey noises, the piano, and that guitar as well.. really sweet stuff. All the ideas are here you just need slightly better execution. Keep it up!

Sounds really good on my crap headphones :D Naturally progresses Are you planning on adding a vocal? If not i think maybe 1 more instrument might help the mix out. There are things I'd change but I'm unsure if they would take the song that much further.

Its very laid back, I would add more percussion/hats(not going all the time or anything just to brighten top end when the song really kicks off).

I would have places in the song where the bass and drums were on there own and a different bass timbre.

Snare does sound a bit flat to me. maybe a bit of reverb or more low end or just raise volume. Sounds very dry.

Atmosphere is good, however sounds a bit too loud to me and takes away from drums, I would work more on drums try get them rolling along a bit better.

Overall great track though I'm following you.

The intro as djSing said just need that all-important low-end. Even if it can't be heard through a television screen for instance, on a subwoofer it would give it massive depth.
Definitely try adding more instruments (just the one could do the trick) - Mainly throughout the chorus, where it feels slightly empty.

Overall amazing production!

Nice production, very long build up though I guess that's intended for your video - but as others have said I think once the main part of the song kicks in it goes away too quickly (although does come back again). Bass isn't too overpowering for me at all, think you have it about right for the style of track. Nice work.

Back
Top Bottom