dark jump up

interesting sound, snare(/clap?) tail needs tweeking, feels a bit floppy compared to the rest of the sound which is pretty tight, obviously its fairly early stages but get more stuff going on, a few extra interesting wobbles occasionally, some soundscape stuff, just to keep it interesting

interesting sound, snare(/clap?) tail needs tweeking, feels a bit floppy compared to the rest of the sound which is pretty tight, obviously its fairly early stages but get more stuff going on, a few extra interesting wobbles occasionally, some soundscape stuff, just to keep it interesting

Cheers man. I dont normally make them sort of claps so it was new to me, but i see what you mean. This may be a long shot but, on my studio set up, and a fat off pa system, it sounds proper fat. But I played it in my car with a sub and the bass was distorting, i guess this is because the sub just cant hack how low the notes are? I think they may go down to B, but thats with pitch bend not a proper note. Would a rave system play it fine?

depends on the sound system tbh, which B is it? or which freq, ~31Hz?

a really good sound system will manage it, if it has infrabass bins (like F1) then it'll sound great, otherwise it might not kick it out as hard as you want, if at all...but on a pitch bend it might not b a massive issue, u should get at least as far as 34-35hz, even on a dodgy free party rig...really depends on the rig, some cant get below 40hz

can you hear 31hz accurately on your monitoring setup? i'd be surprised if you can, unless you have a big room with lots of treatment...keep a close eye on the spectral analyser if not... (i high pass all my stuff at 30hz, and never bother with lower harmonics or notes, coz i cant hear them accurately enough on my setup, 37hz is the lowest i tend to go)

(usually easy to check, play that note back, and walk around the room, if the sound changes volume in different parts of the room, then you wont be getting an accurate image of the sound in that room - look up Standing Waves in google if you want more technical info about it)

Last edited:
depends on the sound system tbh, which B is it? or which freq, ~31Hz?

a really good sound system will manage it, if it has infrabass bins (like F1) then it'll sound great, otherwise it might not kick it out as hard as you want, if at all...but on a pitch bend it might not b a massive issue, u should get at least as far as 34-35hz, even on a dodgy free party rig...really depends on the rig, some cant get below 40hz

can you hear 31hz accurately on your monitoring setup? i'd be surprised if you can, unless you have a big room with lots of treatment...keep a close eye on the spectral analyser if not... (i high pass all my stuff at 30hz, and never bother with lower harmonics or notes, coz i cant hear them accurately enough on my setup, 37hz is the lowest i tend to go)

(usually easy to check, play that note back, and walk around the room, if the sound changes volume in different parts of the room, then you wont be getting an accurate image of the sound in that room - look up Standing Waves in google if you want more technical info about it)

Hey Mugatu, just letting you know I listen. I can't compete with top quality feedback like Mitsz, but I agree on the snare needs work and I can not really hear the bass.

Back
Top Bottom