Dark & Filthy Industrial Dubstep. Sort of No U Turn vibes...

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by glennyb, Mar 5, 2010.

1. glennyb

glennyb Member

2. Sammy Dexcell

Sammy Dexcell Stop editing my profile Smarty!

well done mate, smacked it! :sick:

3. VerbumSapiens

VerbumSapiens Member

Dope track.The only type of dubstep that I keep listening to.Really nice,B.N. style beat.Keep it up.How did you build up that bass,if I may ask :d.

4. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

fucking heavy mate. sorry i dont have much constructive feedback. i love the melody.

5. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

Love the choral sound, adds to the heaviness. Wicked track.

6. glennyb

glennyb Member

cheers guys! much appreciated!

the bass consists of a few elements. the subby things at the beggining were done on a navation supernova 2, square waves i think, with resonant low pass filters with the cutoff quite low, a bit of a filter envelope and pitch bends.

the first few mid rangey bass noises that come in are mangled samples, i think it was originally a dulcimer, not sure.

the main bass that comes in later was made from a sampled note out of gladiator, a saw and a square at different octaves and through one of the weird fm filters, waveshaper, distortion and reverb. then put it in kontakts, got a few different layers of it through different filters and distortion, then distorted more and sidechained with the kick and snare. just fucked about for a few hourse really.

7. Protoplasym

Protoplasym Nuskool

It's really cool... very bleepy and eerie. Love all the moody Padwork, and the Bass textures are interesting.

I wish the Perc did more... at least some fillwork on the KD and SD every 32 or 64 to keep things alive.

The track doesn't feel complete.. I could hear a couple leads and maybe even a Piano fitting in there somewhere.

Neat track, wish it did more.
    Prod sounds solid!

8. glennyb

glennyb Member

cheers man.

yeah its not really finished, decided that the other day. not gonna put much more in, certainly no piano! but there will be a couple of additions, got a little lead/stabby thing in mind, and some tweaks to some of the sounds.

kick and snare are staying put, but there might be more fuckery in between. i want the main beat to be relentless, like a piston in a factory - thats kind of the point of the track its supposed to sound like machinery.