DnB Dark DnB - Feedback appreciated

specter

Hi,

I've been lurking around here for a few months now (unregistered). This is my first post and it's a track I'm currently working on. I just started this yesterday, so it's nowhere near finished but I still would like some feedback regarding the production of the song. Of course feedback on the song itself would be nice too but I guess it's not really everyones cup of tea. ;)
This is the first time that I'm showing one of my tracks to people who are producing DnB by the way, so I'm quite curious what I'm doing wrong, as the average listener hardly is able to tell what's wrong with a mix.

Thanks in advance. :)

It got off to a good start. It was a little different for me, having a good hard drumline at :22 and then dropping back into ambient noise at :43. I almost felt like the section between :22 and :43 could have more going on in it, and could be longer. The drop was nice once we got to it. The high hats sit a little weird, maybe you could tune them a bit or something. Finally, you had so many cool elements in the breakdown, I feel like you could bring some back in an outro section (instead of just fading and cutting out abruptly).

Thank you for the feedback. :)

I definitely plan to make it longer; this is actually rather a rough sketch of a main idea and a little variation. I guess I will make the intro a bit longer and maybe incorporate a little build up there before the beat kicks in. The first part should then of course be a bit longer as well and have some variation in it. I'm not sure wether the actual breakdown/build-up should be longer or not (it's currently from 0:43 to 01:30; so I think it's pretty long already).
I still need some new ideas to develop the second part of the track though and maybe come up with a different beat to spice things up. ;)

Back
Top Bottom