Dark & Desolate Competition - WINNERS!

xiris

Resident Canadian
VIP Junglist
First and foremost, thank you all for participating! We had some quality submissions, and the decision went down between 8 final tracks! Well done to all of you.

We would also like to thank @BHKSamples for their sponsorship of the competition! BHK has always been generous with prizes. Please support the company that supports us and makes awesome prizes like these a reality! www.BHKSamples.com They've currently got a 30% off summer promo going on until June 30th, 2020. Take advantage and score yourself some sweet samples!

Ok so here's why you're all here:

CONGRATULATIONS TO....
1st place: @Wray - Regret with 78 Points
2nd place: @MC_Abyss - Da Prequel - 74 Points
3rd place: @Fluff - Gawain - 73 points

An honorable mention to these two as well!
4th place: DJ Bart Barnes - Desolated - 72 points
4th place: (tie) Manu Forti - Duns Scotus - 72 Points

Like i said, it was really, really close!

Just a note on judgement: the 3 judges scored the tracks completely independently. The judges did NOT know who made what track. Tracks were rated based on the criteria mentioned in the main competition thread. There were no decimal places, whole number ratings only. The judges are going to remain anonymous unless they would like to reveal themselves. All 3 are active members of this forum.

Thank you all for participating!

Xiris

Last edited:
It would be great to get these all available for download, via bandcamp maybe? Support a charity. Some really great listening here! This should definitely be an album people have!
Can't wait for another comp?!
I'm reworking the mix on mine though so if you do please let me submit the better mix :'D

It would be great to get these all available for download, via bandcamp maybe? Support a charity. Some really great listening here! This should definitely be an album people have!
No objections here if its going to a good cause

So guys, @Fluff has gone ahead and done something really cool.

I messaged him with his promo code for coming in 3rd, and he messaged me back almost immediately saying that he'd like to pass on his prize to the 4th place finisher, as he won a prize in our last compo and is just happy finishing in 3rd.

Well. We had a tie for 4th place between @Bart Barnes and @Manu Forti . I messaged BHK and BHK being the cool dude he is hit me back up with 2 promo codes for the 4th place finishers. Fluff has given his prize to the 4th place folks. Big up @Fluff that was a class move and big up BHK for the quick response and editing of the prizes!

@Manu Forti and @Bart Barnes check your DMs.

Well done everyone, that was a lot of fun. The strict rules meant the end result was completely different to my usual tracks and it really helped me to discover some other ways of working. Thanks @xiris @bhksamples and everyone else involved in the competition.

So guys, @Fluff has gone ahead and done something really cool.

I messaged him with his promo code for coming in 3rd, and he messaged me back almost immediately saying that he'd like to pass on his prize to the 4th place finisher, as he won a prize in our last compo and is just happy finishing in 3rd.

Well. We had a tie for 4th place between @Bart Barnes and @Manu Forti . I messaged BHK and BHK being the cool dude he is hit me back up with 2 promo codes for the 4th place finishers. Fluff has given his prize to the 4th place folks. Big up @Fluff that was a class move and big up BHK for the quick response and editing of the prizes!

@Manu Forti and @Bart Barnes check your DMs.
Wow @Fluff that was really cool of you, I appreciate the gesture sincerely and I will make good use of any samples I grab.
Amazing @bhksamples, big ups sir! Prepare to have your server raided!!
@xiris astounding work on this comp, you and Karl have perfected the process IMHO and I look forward to the next one. I particularly like the genre being an emotion and having organised before id comment that the judging system is perfect.
@anonjudges, huge ups on giving up your time to new talent on the forum.
@Wray @MC_Abyss @Fluff @Bart Barnes Great work gents! Tracks are awesome!!
Everyone who entered captured the Dark N Desolate emotion brilliantly, great to hear so many people taking part also.

Last edited:
Everyone who entered captured the Dark N Desolate emotion brilliantly, great to hear so many people taking part also.

the first time i ran your entry i really hollered out loud "WHO WENT AND BROUGHT UNTOLD UP IN THIS BITCH WITH THE DARK ASS TECHNO?!?!?!?!" and then i pulled someone else in to the room and made them listen to it from start to finish. it also got one run in the car.

Thanks Fluff and BHK that is very kind and appreciated.

Congratulations to Wray and shouts to MC Abyss and Manu (nice samples). I think all entrants should be happy with what they put together - Radius I think your track bangs.

Shouts to Xiris (nice tune) and the dnbforum judges and of course RIP Logikz

Safe

Back
Top Bottom