[Dark 175] Xujih - Phalanx (New Version)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Xujih, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Xujih

Xujih New Member

Hey guys, didn't even realise there was a feedback thread here :p just uploaded a newer version of my track Phalanx in anticipation of its release next month, would love to get some feedback from some heads, I'll try and return the favor!

2. ARTFX

ARTFX www.artfx-studios.com

Damn this is sweet! The sub is banging through my studio at the moment. I really like how minimalistic the drums are, but I still felt like it could be better by adding some more glitchy stuff to the drums just to give it some more energy I guess. Other than that you did an amazing job!

3. artistcalled6

artistcalled6 New Member

I'll admit, at the beginning I was getting scared. I agree with ARTFX, some glitched drums would have been perfect. Overall I really like the atmosphere it sets, could be a great tool in a mixset

4. Summers

Summers Member

I think some sort of sampled old film or documentary voice with delay and reverb would go very well with the intro and the fills

But I do really like the track, very dark and evil ;)

5. Xujih

Xujih New Member

I totally agree Summers, as the others' have said its missing a cohesive element to bring together the spaces and a vocal sample could do perfectly :)

Summers likes this.