Dar Kist - Movement (Drumstep)

I like it man, using all the different sounds works well, stops it becoming a wob fest.

Good stuff.

Intro is cool man! I'd still be worried that theres no "artificial silence" there. Even just a big of echo.

Bass sounds too a)wide and b) too obviously synth made. Well some of it does...maybe thats just the mix? making it too obvious?

Yep... just re-listened... its definately the mid bass being FAR too forward in the mix!

good effort though man. Drums are sweet!!!!! just need to work on the overall mix between the bass and drums!

cheers for the feedback, its getting released at some point in the not so distant future, will fix it up before then!!! i still want to fill a bit of space and change a few things, not to sure what you mean by obviously synth made? i like my bass wide and mono to contrast each other, but you guys think the main wah may be a lil to wide??

some sounds sound a bit thin. more mid!! but overall the tune is really interesting. so much going on, a machine working on coalescence!

I really like that Kick drum, sounds quite high pitched, but still has a nice punch to it, almost Spor like.... Good little pad FX and stuff really set an eeirie atmosphere. Those bass sounds are cool. I agree that the one with the quickest wobble sounds a little too wide, not too much, just reign it in a little.

cool cheers for the comments mr fletch, do you mean the bass sound at the end of the 16 bars, maybe if you could tell me the time on the track that it kicks in. chur

Really cool noises in your track. To me it just seems to be lacking flow. Like you just layered some random noises across a drum track and mix it very well together.

I'm with IV4 on this one, for sure.
Maybe consider more separated "blocks" of the song where you introduce, take away, or layer (etc) different synth elements -- it'll give the track more cohesion!

(also, appreciate the feedback on my thread)

Back
Top Bottom