DnB Danwells mix

danwell

BAAAAAAAAAAAAABE WAIT
VIP Junglist
i have only been mixing for about 5 months so there are a lot of mistakes and for that im sorry.. also the pressure of recording and having to get it right threw me off a bit.. feedback appreciated

ALL VINYL

this mix is very bad in places but i need to get feedback so would appreciate it massively
Tracklist in no order:

Basher - xerox
Jubei - Patience
Audio & Donny - Horribly Ribbed
Enei - Stonehead
Enei - one Chance
Enei Slow Motion
Enei - Cracker (Jubei Remix)
Phace & Rockwell - Rat Race
Noisia - Program
Icicle - Top of The Page
S.P.Y & Total Science - Gangsta
Spectrasoul - Absentis
Krome & Time - The Licence (Break Remix)
Basher - Transmission
dBridge & Vegas - True Romance
Friction & KTee - Set it Off (Icicle Remix)
Villem - Do You I Wanna
Foreign Concept & Bringa - Cemetry
Icicle - Minimal Funk

Easy Danwell! I'm intrigued gonna give this a spin mate...

---------- Post added at 14:51 ---------- Previous post was at 14:37 ----------

Btw you need a free wav to mp3 converter coz most people wont download a wav file unless you're shit hot!

Just listened man and it is nice! Absolutely shits all over my mixing, yeah there were one or two slips but you recovered very well and generally it was very on point.

Some lovely tunes, really strong selection. Think my favourite section was whatever that song was into true romance into mnml funk, just work real nice.

Also good to see another vinyl warrior!

Just listened man and it is nice! Absolutely shits all over my mixing, yeah there were one or two slips but you recovered very well and generally it was very on point.

Some lovely tunes, really strong selection. Think my favourite section was whatever that song was into true romance into mnml funk, just work real nice.

Also good to see another vinyl warrior!

that was basher - xerox... love that tune!

thanks man means a lot!

I can't deny a listen to anyone on vinyl, glad some people are still on it :teeth:

TL looks ok, just would maybe try and avoid next time so much Enei in one hit, don't get me wrong the guys production is badboy but 4 in a row is a bit much :D

guna check this on my lunch so will have some feedback for ya mang!
peace

TL looks ok, just would maybe try and avoid next time so much Enei in one hit, don't get me wrong the guys production is badboy but 4 in a row is a bit much :D
peace

The track list isn't in order lol

Big mix! Its all about putting the TL in the wrong order! There were a few small slip ups (and one big one lol!) but they all got fixed quickly so its all good! The mix with Xerox was huge!

so I felt like I needed to make up for my previous comment, and hopefully give you some useful feedback.

Enjoyed the opening mix, felt there was a bit too much treble on Horribly Ribbed, still enjoyed it regardless
Program < sick how it came out of nowhere, bit out but you get it back quickly, the cuts back to cracker were also good.
Set it Off Remix < ok.
Cemetary < like the cut again back to the previous tune when you have mixed this. not bad
Patience < bit of a clang, tbh wasnt my favourite mix.
Absentis < not bad! like the bass switches back & forth...
Top of the Page< sick!! bit out but brought back quickly...headnodding stuff. one of my fav icicle tracks
Xerox < pretty tight, just think it quite overpowered top of the page, could barely hear it. nice mix tho.
True Romance < not bad! once again like the bass switches
>>Minimal Funk < bit loose in places...and you hear when you touch the vinyl, not a bad little split mix though! changing it up
Transmission < Like! big cut back to true romance as well...neat.
Rat Race < tight, not sure about the blend between these two tunes though...not a massive fan of rat race..
Stonehead < ok...good cut back to rat race, thought rat race left the mix quite suddenly though.
Gangsta' < thought there was too much treble left in on stonehead, wasnt mad keen on the drop in volume on the bass switch back either.
>>Slow Motion < didnt see the point in it being there.
One Chance < because of the above there wasnt much else you could do as gangsta' had almost finished.
The License (Break Remix) < came in a bit soon, not too sure about this blend, was tight in places, just not for me.
>>Do You I Wanna? < bit out when they dropped tbh. gets progressively tighter not bad!

enjoyed some of the mixes, especially the top of the page mix. big.
few slips and slides along the way, most corrected pretty quickly so big ups.

apologies for not taking time to listen previously and only look at your tracklist mang, im a lurker in members mixes...I listen but I find it hard to come up with constructive criticism on a regular basis, unlike Teddybiz etc.

Look forward to your next one! :D

Thankyou for the in depth analysis! Recording another one tonight.. The reason I brought in one chance is cos I was gonna end the mix there but then changed my mind lol

Back
Top Bottom