here's another mix everybody! ALL VINYL

Enei - Labyrinth
Noisia - Block Control
Skeptical - Catch 22
Spinline - Artificial
Basher - Transmission
Spectrasoul - The Gift
Jubei - Patience
DJ Nut Nut - Special Dedication (Sigma Remix)
Enei - Slow Motion
Amoss - Minus
Wilkinson - Tonight
Sub Focus - X-Ray
Enei, Eastcolors & Noel - Cracker (Jewboy Remix)
Spectrasoul - Absentis
Mindmapper & Silvahfonk - Flash Forward
Sub Focus - Stomp
Rockwell - Tripwire
Icicle - Minimal Funk
Mind Vortex - Hotbox
Fresh - Signal

a few messed up mixes but oh well learning curves and that

Last edited:
first mix is wicked man. needs a lil eq to fuse the diff drum patterns a bit better but its not that bad in any way, just could be slightly tighter.
catch 22 was cool. might have prefered the bass the other way around.
artifical - clean and tidy mix. big fan of this one.
transmission - liked it. bit funny on the cut off but not bad.
gift - those drums sat perfectly over transmission. well eq'd man really smooth mix. i would have cut the mix off earlier tho when the vocals came in.
patience - i would have brought it in when the intro drums cut away b4 the drop. slightly less mid on patience 2, just to let the mid on the gift have that space. other than that a fucking wicked blend.
spec dedic - shame about the lil clang on the drop. nice blend i thought, really took the pace up a notch.
slow motion - yeah cool, touch less mid on slow motion, spec dedi is fighting for the space, its winning but u could help it out a lil.
minus- love this track. they sat well together. think would have been better with slowmotions bass on, minus' down but with full mid and a bit of mid missing on slow motion and trebble to taste.
tonight - hate this tune. no i tried to listen to it, had to ffwrd.
caught a bit of the 0xray mix - sounded good.
haha, jewboy rmx - intro sat nice, the drop seemed ok, lost a lot of energy when switched tho. tough, the only thing u can do when switching between tunes like that is end the mix on the breakdown.
absentis - wicked. loved the build up part of the mix. bass i might have had the other way around. oh liked the cheeky crossover. keep an eye on ur levels too.
flash forward, why i no heard this its mad. fucking awesome blend too. my fav so far.
stomp - liked the intro not so much the drop sadly.
ronwell - cant make my mind up about tbh.
minimal funk - yeah nice.
hotbox? im out!

nice mix man. i enjoyed it.
selection was cool, with the exception of a few i dont personally like but horses and courses and what not!

Cheers for the feedback ted! Yeah that flash forward tune is wicked. Out on demand records if you wanted to know

Word is bond Dan! Gonna give this a spin. Glad that we both love Signal...

I've had that tune seven years now not even sure if I've had a chance to play the flip yet....it's that good!

Just the ultimate party tune goes off every time

Gwarrrrrrn Danwell! Each mix you've done has been getting better and better! Were you using your new mixer for this one? The sound quality sounds much better...
And good to see you putting block control in there!

Gwarrrrrrn Danwell! Each mix you've done has been getting better and better! Were you using your new mixer for this one? The sound quality sounds much better...
And good to see you putting block control in there!

Nah just better eq'ing. Can't record on my xone haven't got the right cables

Just up to Artificial so far. Its pretty good although a little bit loose in places but nothing worth worrying about.
I think Artificial dropped 16 bars too early?
But yeah EQing is pretty good but some of the mixes seem quite harsh at times.

It is hard getting EQ's spot on on your speakers doe

---------- Post added at 13:55 ---------- Previous post was at 13:54 ----------

Nah just better eq'ing. C

New needles as well?

Ez squire,

Just finished this one now. Pretty impressive how far your mixing has come in 3 months.
Nice to hear such a varied selection :) Going from Tranzmission > The Gift > Patience was cool and shows versatility.

A couple of small beat matching slip ups, but mainly when tunes were dropping together so they were fixed pretty quickly.
Favourite parts were

Enei - Labyrinth
Noisia - Block Control

Enei - Slow Motion
Amoss - Minus
Wilkinson - Tonight

Slow Motion >> Minus sounded particularly good I thought!

Wasnt really feeling the Tonight >> X-Ray mix to be honest, I think that could have been Eq'd slightly better.

Sub Focus - Stomp
Rockwell - Tripwire

Made up for it though, very big!

Overall it was good man! vast improvements a gwarn, look forward to hearing your next one :)

Back
Top Bottom