Danny Darko feat. Lulu Falemara - 'Silent Cries' [Dappa.DnB eXpeRemiX]

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Dappa.DnB, May 29, 2014.

1. Dappa.DnB

Dappa.DnB New Member

My first attempt ended up corrupting, so I rebooted the remix and tried something different with it. Hopefully it sounds ok :)

2. Quotec

Quotec Active Member

Interesting idea man! Mixdown is poor, but work on that and it will sound pretty dope!

3. Dappa.DnB

Dappa.DnB New Member

Thanks for the feedback, I didn't spend as much time as usual working on the track due to having to do it a second time! But would appreciate your insight on what you would suggest to improve the mixdown. Cheers.

4. Quotec

Quotec Active Member

Okay, I would like to hear those drums more on a frontline, but your bass/sub is eating them away. It´s all about EQing things right, make sure that bass is not interfering with kick drum. Cut off all frequencies above 100Hz for your sub, also adjust levels of volume, subs tend to take too much headroom. I am not an expert, but I usually won´t allow my subs to play above -6dB level. Subs are a little bit boring and not clearly defined, I usually do not make a sub from pure sine waves but tend to add some square waves too.

5. Dappa.DnB

Dappa.DnB New Member

I would think this is more a volume issue with the subs as the frequencies are already cut above 100hz. I will see if I can adjust it.

6. Dappa.DnB

Dappa.DnB New Member

Based on the constructive feedback I've had I've made some adjustments to the mixdown, mainly vocals, reverb and bass which have hopefully improved the overall sound of the track. The new version has been uploaded and replace the original on soundcloud. (Though it probably takes 48 hours for the cached version to be cleared if you're listening on anything other than a computer). :mkay:

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  7. Northern Seagul

Northern Seagul Active Member

Yeah, it wiil be nice and interesting deep tune. Work on sounding.