Danny Byrd's mixing???!!

Witty Phantom

I've never had the drive to join dnbforums before, this was until i saw danny byrd in leeds on friday. Possibly the worst dnb night i've been to. His mixing was shit and so was his tune selection, constantly switchin up epic tunes wiv the odd bit of jump up. Don't know if anyones seen Danny Byrd before but if so, you must agree he should stick to production!

w_260_4975.jpg
jl.jpg
jl.jpg
jl.jpg
jl.jpg
jl.jpg
jl.jpg
jl.jpg

i played after him about 6 months ago at 1 of my locals... thought he was pretty good tbh! constantly bangin in different tunes, quite tidy, not bad selection... Maybe it was the set up he was playin on..

I've seen him DJ a couple of times, he's been alright - mabye it was the set up or just an off day?

I've never had the drive to join dnbforums before, this was until i saw danny byrd in leeds on friday. Possibly the worst dnb night i've been to. His mixing was shit and so was his tune selection, constantly switchin up epic tunes wiv the odd bit of jump up. Don't know if anyones seen Danny Byrd before but if so, you must agree he should stick to production!

That sounds pretty good to me?

i played after him about 6 months ago at 1 of my locals... thought he was pretty good tbh! constantly bangin in different tunes, quite tidy, not bad selection... Maybe it was the set up he was playin on..

This!!!

played after him a couple of months ago and really enjoyed his set! didn't expect him to play lots of jump up but it did fit in really nicely!

maybe you just expected him to play a bare liquid set and got disappointed in that way?

saw him last year b2b with cyantific, one of the best sets i've ever heard
:thumbsup:

Must have been an off night, I've seen him in a club with an awful soundsystem and random people coming inside the DJ booth dancing around him but he still did a sick set and I had a great night.

w_260_4975.jpg
jl.jpg
jl.jpg
jl.jpg
jl.jpg
jl.jpg
jl.jpg
jl.jpg

Saw him at inno in the sun & he was sick!

I saw him first at inno in the sun and was blown away by his mixing.

I also happened to catch his set in Leeds on Friday as well, I dunno wot ur chatting about man, he played some top notch tunes and his beat matching was very tight, his mixing style is fast and almost hip hop-esque in the way its constantly switching and swapping flavas.

I wish i cud say the same about blames performance afterwards but i cant. Blame is a good dj and pulls off sum good double drops but the byrd man was on form!

seen him a couple of times. You can't say he's bad at mixing, probably an off day. Usually his sets are quality

When I saw him I was really impressed. I love the way he switches through sub genres. His mixing was on point. There was even a problem with the sound at the start and he didn't get put off. So yeah big up Danny.

I saw him first at inno in the sun and was blown away by his mixing.

I also happened to catch his set in Leeds on Friday as well, I dunno wot ur chatting about man, he played some top notch tunes and his beat matching was very tight, his mixing style is fast and almost hip hop-esque in the way its constantly switching and swapping flavas.

I wish i cud say the same about blames performance afterwards but i cant. Blame is a good dj and pulls off sum good double drops but the byrd man was on form!

Mate wot u chattin?! Were u 1 of tthe oceana gang that came in cz it was at the academy. His switchin was shit and thats all he did, constantly jst the intros of epic tunes, tbf i shouldn't of started this thread saying "mixing" cz yea it was tight, jst shit tune selection n he cudnt switch 4 shit he needs a lesson from andy the master.

I went and looking at some of the responses it must have been an off day because I wasn't impressed by Danny Byrd. His mixing was fine but why he had to mix tunes out at the worst possible time I don't understand. Fair enough switch tunes, Andy Esq, but do them at the right time.
What didn't help was the set up, the speakers were placed in the most retarded places. You got the best sound quality on the way out of the venue. The people there looked like something from oceana, I only recognized about 10 heads from around Leeds.
I dont know what it is about Leeds but it seems to make every DJ choose the worst tunes to play. Skins theme tune dnb remix? possibly the most horrific piece of production i've ever had the misfortune to listen to. Printer jam, a definite contender for the worst sample used in any drum and bass tune.

x

Back
Top Bottom