Danny Byrd's mixing???!!

I went and looking at some of the responses it must have been an off day because I wasn't impressed by Danny Byrd. His mixing was fine but why he had to mix tunes out at the worst possible time I don't understand. Fair enough switch tunes, Andy Esq, but do them at the right time.
What didn't help was the set up, the speakers were placed in the most retarded places. You got the best sound quality on the way out of the venue. The people there looked like something from oceana, I only recognized about 10 heads from around Leeds.
I dont know what it is about Leeds but it seems to make every DJ choose the worst tunes to play. Skins theme tune dnb remix? possibly the most horrific piece of production i've ever had the misfortune to listen to. Printer jam, a definite contender for the worst sample used in any drum and bass tune.

x

Erm...are you talking about Danny Breaks - Droppin Science (Logistics Remix)?

It's a fucking tune!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbDwCN6Ca0I

Last edited:
I saw Danny at Hospitality in February and he fucking SMACKED it. It was genuinely a brilliant set, mixing and tracks were spot on. Off day clearly...or maybe you were too busy feeling snooty about the 'oceana lot' to enjoy it.

Edit:
erm no.

Thats a tune though, sounds similar to Japanese Electronics.

Haha. You mean it has eastern-style chord progression. That's literally the only similarity.

Last edited:
I've never had the drive to join dnbforums before, this was until i saw danny byrd in leeds on friday. Possibly the worst dnb night i've been to. His mixing was shit and so was his tune selection, constantly switchin up epic tunes wiv the odd bit of jump up. Don't know if anyones seen Danny Byrd before but if so, you must agree he should stick to production!

Nearly went to this night. with Blame as well right?

Seen Danny Byrd a few times, he's a pretty damn good dj. Does rely on switching tunes a fair bit though. Maybe the set up was a bit shit or something...

When I saw him his mixing was really thight ! fast mixing , nice tune selection ,.. a set I will def remember for a long time .. most have been an of day !

i reckon he was pretty poor,down bristol, but his tune selection was nice, just rewound every fucking track or mixed at bad points, half was sick half was lackin, but he was playin in a grimey place tho

Saw him a few months ago, was good apart from starting off way toooo fast though, he was on at 11ish n must have started his first tune at plus 6ish, took a few tunes to get into it being played that fast after the set before was normal speed. On another point he really got the place going with fast energetic mixing, whilst bouncing away behind the decks so all good really, guess thats just his style

dont really feel his tunes that much tbh. I reckon hes a fuckin sick dj tho! Never seen him live but watched a video of one of his sets and it was fukon mindblowin. Got the crowd in the palm of his hand, and i reckon djwise he is king of a certain vibe dunno wot vibe tho. Call it happy-party hi contrast if u will. But yeah anyway he is king of this.

Does anyone else really like that love song tune he did last yearish? Love it and wanna go on a little gander for it...

Honestly you are wrong

m\ybe you juist didnt like it, i seen Danny put 3 tunes in a mix within a minute

the guys the Andy C of liquid

I've never had the drive to join dnbforums before, this was until i saw danny byrd in leeds on friday. Possibly the worst dnb night i've been to. His mixing was shit and so was his tune selection, constantly switchin up epic tunes wiv the odd bit of jump up. Don't know if anyones seen Danny Byrd before but if so, you must agree he should stick to production!

w_260_4975.jpg
jl.jpg
jl.jpg
jl.jpg
jl.jpg
jl.jpg
jl.jpg
jl.jpg

shut up u fucking mong
hes mixing is spot on :not_worth
whats with the out date flyer u crack head :rinsed:

i did the warm up for a hospital night in sheffield last month when danny byrd played and got to watch him,his mixin was tight as fuck and he must have played the same amount of tunes i did but it took me 2 hours to his 1!

Like I said, when I saw him he totally smacked it despite having the last set of the night - had the crowd going more than Noisia immediately before him I thought - and he was safe as when I briefly met him afterwards too, real nice guy. Not many people about who's production I like, DJing I like, and are cool guys too...big in the game.

Like I said, when I saw him he totally smacked it despite having the last set of the night - had the crowd going more than Noisia immediately before him I thought - and he was safe as when I briefly met him afterwards too, real nice guy. Not many people about who's production I like, DJing I like, and are cool guys too...big in the game.

WORD!

Back
Top Bottom