Bum 'n Face
VIP Junglist
Tonight apperently

taken from the bbc radio 1 website

03:00–05:00 BBC Radio 1's Essential Mix
Danny Byrd
Hospital Records' drum and bass producer Danny Byrd takes to the decks

Yay, another Hospital artist essential mix

2 hours of average liquid featuring at least 30% of tracks you've heard before.

Someone like Calibre/D-Bridge/Klute deserve an EM more than Danny Byrd.

eat your words

danny byrd : Catch me on the BBC RADIO 1 ESSENTIAL MIX tonight! from 3am, well technically its saturday but you know what I mean :) Expect a lot of tunes you never heard before! pass it on!

Know where your coming from tho

I'm going to give it a listen and I am prepared to eat humble pie. I just wish the BBC would be a little bit more original with their choices when it comes to choosing an artist to do a dnb essential mix. You can pretty much guess that the next one is going to be either the Brookes Brothers/Chase & Status/London Elektricity (or whichever Hospital artist has an album coming out at the time) or Xample & Lomax (or someone else from the Ram camp)

There are people who have been contributing to the scene for years who have never been given the opportunity.

cheers to for the heads up will clock into this when i get back from the night out... although i have a feeling this will sound like the blame essential mix even if it has brand new tracks in it

I'm going to give it a listen and I am prepared to eat humble pie. I just wish the BBC would be a little bit more original with their choices when it comes to choosing an artist to do a dnb essential mix. You can pretty much guess that the next one is going to be either the Brookes Brothers/Chase & Status/London Elektricity (or whichever Hospital artist has an album coming out at the time) or Xample & Lomax (or someone else from the Ram camp)

There are people who have been contributing to the scene for years who have never been given the opportunity.

Aye, but radio 1 literally bum the hell out of Danny byrd, god knows why, probablly cause its quite pop-ish dnb.
Only Hospital Artists to have done one is High contrast and London elektricity, and the High contrast one was a smasher.
You should check back, there are a few decent ones Andy c, Shy Fx, Scratch Perverts to name a few

First sensible thing you've said all day :teeth:

---------- Post added at 16:35 ---------- Previous post was at 16:34 ----------

or if your going to give the Essential Mix to someone at Hospital give it their best DJ... Cyantific

First sensible thing you've said all day :teeth:

---------- Post added at 16:35 ---------- Previous post was at 16:34 ----------

or if your going to give the Essential Mix to someone at Hospital give it their best DJ... Cyantific

danny bryd only got hte essntial mix coz his album is coming out... think thats how it works.. that why chase and status did one for their album and i think thats why blame got to do one

need another andy c EM. was listening back to his 2005 mix, toooo much!

I dont think there will be another one for a long time if ever, I imagine they have to pay him to do a set an for a 2 hour Andy C set your talking alot of dollar. Plus you wouldnt get him playing any Ram dubs for fear of people ripping them. Also hes got Nightlife 5 due to come out soon so he will be wanting people to buy that.

I dont think there will be another one for a long time if ever, I imagine they have to pay him to do a set an for a 2 hour Andy C set your talking alot of dollar. Plus you wouldnt get him playing any Ram dubs for fear of people ripping them. Also hes got Nightlife 5 due to come out soon so he will be wanting people to buy that.

radio 1 will have the budget to pay for him no problem think of the other artists which have done essential mixes outside of dnb who have a much higher hourly rate... still your probably right about the nightlife 5 thing, i remember when nightlife 4 came out he didnt allow any of his sets to go onto tape packs coz he was using mixes which were going to be on the album

I can't wait. Blame's mix was terrible and boring - Danny NEVER disappoints with the tune selection, they will be nothing at all alike. He's one of my favourite DJs to see.

I can't wait. Blame's mix was terrible and boring - Danny NEVER disappoints with the tune selection, they will be nothing at all alike. He's one of my favourite DJs to see.

This. His live sets are always wicked. A really wide selection of styles.

Back
Top Bottom